Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME THREAD: Florida International vs FAU - 03/02/13 @ 7:00 PM

Add topic

Re: Game Preview: Florida International vs FAU - 03/02/13 @ 7:00 PM

GAME THREAD: Florida International vs FAU - 03/02/13 @ 7:00 PM

BMarkey said

Except for that time that FAU fans ran around Troy's stadium chanting, I had never seen a visiting group so disrespect the home venue, fans and team until last night. The FIU fans booed the introduction of the Owls, booed the "Welcome to The Burrow!" and even made noise during the anthem. Great rendition, BTW.

Yes, we booed the Owls every single chance we got. But, we did NOT, and I repeat DID NOT make noise during the anthem. I don't mess around with that stuff. Make whatever Cuban jokes you want to make. I was born here and I am damn proud to be an American! I stand and place my hand over my heart with great pride and respect for that flag. I wouldn't allow anyone in my group to disrespect the National Anthem. So please, don't put that on us.
Back to the top

Rick said

Did you have fun tailgaiting??

Believe you guys are the only visiting team to ever have a group show up for pregame with a set up like that……

Yes, we had a great time. Got there about 4 PM and was feeling great by tip off. You all know how I felt come the final whistle. lol

Anyway, I appreciate the kind words on the set up. I think we won the tailgate. hahaha
Back to the top

pikepanther said

BMarkey said

Except for that time that FAU fans ran around Troy's stadium chanting, I had never seen a visiting group so disrespect the home venue, fans and team until last night. The FIU fans booed the introduction of the Owls, booed the "Welcome to The Burrow!" and even made noise during the anthem. Great rendition, BTW.

Yes, we booed the Owls every single chance we got. But, we did NOT, and I repeat DID NOT make noise during the anthem. I don't mess around with that stuff. Make whatever Cuban jokes you want to make. I was born here and I am damn proud to be an American! I stand and place my hand over my heart with great pride and respect for that flag. I wouldn't allow anyone in my group to disrespect the National Anthem. So please, don't put that on us.

As most know I am not a fan of fiu and I was at the game.  I sit almost mid court, lower section on the players side and I heard some noise when the anthem started, I didn't think it had anything to do with the fiu fans.  I believe that is what he is referring to so your getting The blame.

I do think it's a little crase to boo in some else's house but no big deal, I didn't think anything was that out of line.  Thanks for showing up, oh and thanks for taking the butt whoppin' back to Miami.  ;D

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Re: GAME THREAD: Florida International vs FAU - 03/02/13 @ 7:00 PM

I got last minute tickets to the Honda Classic Saturday and Sunday, hence why I couldn't make it out to the Burrow Saturday night. That being said, sounds like a great game for all those in red! Couldn't be any happier for the seniors. They earned this win!
PikePanther, sorry I missed out on the tailgate, I guess I owe you a beer come football season.
Back to the top
Control functions: