Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME THREAD: ODU @ FAU - January 10, 2019

Add topic

I LOVE that you guys are coming back on board.

Do I think we're going to replicate the 2010-2011 success this season? No.

Do I think that we are cementing the building blocks for the future of this program, while providing an entertaining product on the court that is guaranteed to make Owl Nation proud? Bet your ass.

And this fact remains: When The Burrow gets packed, it can get LOUD. Remember when a player from Troy called The Burrow the Camden Indoor of the Sunbelt. Think about it, half of the arena is the student section. Play a good product, and those students will come back in huge numbers again. Play with passion, the same kind of passion that the team has shown so far this season, and the students will come back even rowdier than the first time.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Huge win for the Owls.  FAU fan should be extremely proud of what Coach Dusty May is doing here in Boca.  The basketball program is now something to believe in.  The Michael Curry offense was slow and over saturated. Coach May has the offense moving faster.  Coach May and his staff did a great job at finding players that fit their system.  Anthony Adger was not as his best, and it was great to see some other players step up.  Freshmen G Mike Forrest made some buckets against a talented Old Dominion defense.  He had been struggling offensively the past few games.   

It is a pleasure to watch F Xavian Stapleton play.  He was never known for being a great shooter at his previous stops (Mississippi St. and Louisiana Tech), but since he has joined FAU he has looked sharp from the three point line.  That is a great example at a coach getting the most out of a player.

Very much looking forward to the next game, at home vs Charlotte.  FAU is playing their best basketball of the season, and it is very exciting to watch.  See you in The Burrow Saturday afternoon.
Back to the top

Don't let up vs. UNCC now guys. We HAVE played down to competition twice already this year - no more of that!

Congrats and GO OWLS!!!
Back to the top

That was by far the best basketball I have seen played in the Burrow since 2011. Solid bunch. Hope we can hold on to Dusty for another year. This team has the potential to be special this year and next.

Glad I went yesterday.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

And against a very good ODU team at that! And has anyone noticed UCF is now 12-2 with their only losses to FAU by 1 and Missouri by 2 in OT!
Back to the top

If attendance continues to improve i bet FaU will do everything it can to bump up his salary.  
Back to the top

faufan2017 said

If attendance continues to improve i bet FaU will do everything it can to bump up his salary.  
Posted On: Jan 11th 2019, 4:56 PM #384662

Lol. No. Sorry. If a big boy wants him he will surely be gone. 

There is nothing wrong with that either. 

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

Oh surely. There's no way we can keep up with the big basketball institutions. If he keeps winning, he'll be gone soon.

I hope we double his salary or something so that he's not snatched up by another mid major school. He's young so he might not be in a hurry to career hop. A salary bump might buy us a year or two with him.
Back to the top
Control functions: