Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

TOURNAMENT THREAD: FAU in the Gulf Coast Showcase - November 20th to 23rd, 2017

Add topic

There is nothing wrong with being a U that is known as a Football/Baseball school. The only thing that has me scratching my head is the interview where I saw Curry saying that he finally has the team that he wanted to build on the floor. FAU has two great head coaches. Those two programs are winners. There is a reason the Basketball team is not a winner.
Back to the top

The mentality that it is okay to be awful at basketball is part of the problem.  All it would take is competent coaching for FAU to have a halfway decent program - we have seen that over the last decade.

Back to the top

It's all Jarvis' fault.

:Clown:

Back to the top

Kevin said

The mentality that it is okay to be awful at basketball is part of the problem.  All it would take is competent coaching for FAU to have a halfway decent program - we have seen that over the last decade.

Posted On: Nov 21st 2017, 7:49 AM #373878

Exactly, it is not ok to be a football and baseball school.  The b-ball program does not need nearly the same money as football and probably quite a bit less than baseball to have a decent team.  This is a result of bad coaching.  Do we need new facilities etc. to compete top tier, yes but we don’t have to be bottom tier.  Stop with the ex NBA guys and next year when his contract is up look for an aggressive up and comer who actually wants to coach.  If FGC can do it so can we.

If you ever want to move up in conference this program could kill that possibility.  You think we’re bad in CUSA, we would be a joke in the AAC.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

Kevin said

Posted On: Nov 21st 2017, 7:49 AM #373878

Exactly, it is not ok to be a football and baseball school.  The b-ball program does not need nearly the same money as football and probably quite a bit less than baseball to have a decent team.  This is a result of bad coaching.  Do we need new facilities etc. to compete top tier, yes but we don’t have to be bottom tier.  Stop with the ex NBA guys and next year when his contract is up look for an aggressive up and comer who actually wants to coach.  If FGC can do it so can we.

If you ever want to move up in conference this program could kill that possibility.  You think we’re bad in CUSA, we would be a joke in the AAC.
Posted On: Nov 21st 2017, 8:36 AM #373881

Yeah to bad we had that guy in McCall. And hired curry 
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

Stop with the ex NBA guys…
Posted On: Nov 21st 2017, 8:36 AM #373881

Ex NBA guys cumulative record through last night:

82-188

30.4%

We have now sat through nine years of that garbage and are underway in year 10.

Show me ANYWHERE else in the country you can stay employed at $350,000 and let that be your performance.

Back to the top

The Owls are minutes away from tip-off against the NIU Huskies, who struggled mightily against Penn last night.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

TBE though…Penn is ranked higher than them, and us…

Also, just in case anyone is wondering we are 298 out of 351 in the Sagarins.

Let that sink in.

Back to the top

No changes in the starting lineup. 

Adger, Troutman, Ingram, Pfister, Delph.

Back to the top

Owls have started to string some shots together after needing 6 minutes to net their first FG. 

Owls lead NIU midway through the first, 10-5.

Back to the top
Control functions: