Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

TOURNAMENT THREAD: FAU in Bahamas Showcase - Nov 16th to 18th, 2018

Add topic

No changes in today's starters. That's Adger, Forrest, Ingram, Stapleton, and Silins getting the nods again.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Yikes. The last minute of the half should serve as a reminder of how inexperienced this team is. Forrest fouls UIW's best shooter as he attempts a three just before the shot clock goes off. UIW pulls within one. The Maitre has his pocket picket, and UIW slams it home at the buzzer to take the lead.

FAU has led for 16:37 of the first half, but go into the half trailing Incarnate Word Cardinals.

Back to the top

Slow start to the second half, but the Boys from Boca are ballin' in the Bahamas!

Back to the top

UIW is starting to comeback here. Cardinals with all momentum here.

Back to the top

Owls are in the double bonus, with UIW about to shoot a one-and-one once we come back from break. Ingram has 4 fouls, but he plays too much of an important role that May only takes him out for several seconds.

Back to the top

UIW's aggressive full-court defense has given May's boys some problems late here. Let's see if we can crack the code to add insurance with a minute left.

Back to the top

OWLS ARE 4-1! UIW gave FAU plenty of fits late, but the young Owls hold on!

UPDATED SCHEDULE: 2018-19 Florida Atlantic Men's Basketball Schedule - FAU Owl's Nest

Back to the top

I’m getting excited!

Go Owls!

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

+1

This team has shown some things early:

1. Organization - TOTALLY lacking with Curry.

2. Killer instinct - to beat UCF on the road was something, then to win two more like they have on the road in another country is impressive given their youth.

3. We have multiple options at scoring, and all are viable.

4. Rebounding will not likely be the concern it was perceived to be early on before the season officially started.

Back to the top

Rick said

2. Killer instinct - to beat UCF on the road was something, then to win two more like they have on the road in another country is impressive given their youth.
Posted On: Nov 18th 2018, 5:51 PM #383623

THIS is exactly what I was talking about, and perfectly said!

“It got late in the game and we weren’t scared to lose. I felt like in the exhibition game, we were a little bit afraid to lose, instead of going for the win. Today, even some of our mistakes, were aggressive mistakes going for the win, as opposed to just trying to hold on and not lose.” - FAU Head Coach Dusty May

Back to the top
Control functions: