Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

TOURNAMENT THREAD: FAU in Boca Raton Beach Classic - Nov 29th to Dec 4th, 2019

Add topic

Both teams looking evenly matched so far here at The Burrow, with each team shooting 37% from the field. Look for FAU to try to get C Karlis Silins going in the second half, the talented big has yet to make a big mark on this game.

Back to the top

Oh man, we could be headed for another close finish. Hopefully this one ends different than the FGCU game.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Less than 4 minutes now, and Scooter draws us even. We've had two chances to take the lead, but bad takes and poor turnovers have prevented that.

Back to the top

We're tied! Ingram hits a three from the right to draw us level! He's now at 10 for his first double digit point total since his injury last season.

Back to the top

Scooter Taylor missed a fadeaway with a few second left, but Silins gets fouled after attempting the put-back.

And he converts one of two free throws! WE LEAD LATE!

Back to the top

OWLS WIN! That's two straight for the good as Scooter Taylor leads all scorers with 19 points.

UPDATED SCHEDULE: 2019-20 FAU Men's Basketball Schedule - FAU Owl's Nest

Back to the top

Jack D Whidden III said

OWLS WIN! That's two straight for the good as Scooter Taylor leads all scorers with 19 points.

Posted On: Dec 1st 2019, 8:08 PM #391349

Do you know the time for that game?

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

WHEW.

It's good to see this team FINALLY string a solid second half together. We'll play the winner between Bonnies and San Diego tomorrow night at 8 PM.

Back to the top

dusky256fc said

Do you know the time for that game?
Posted On: Dec 1st 2019, 8:10 PM #391350

Yes sir, 8 PM (ish).

It's tough to pin down because it'll be the final game of the Boca Raton Beach Classic. You know how the final two minutes of game-time can last 20 minutes in some games. So if that happens just once, we could be pushed back. We'll try our best to keep y'all updated.

Back to the top

Head Coach Dusty May on tomorrow's possible opponents:

"We've seen St. Bonaventure before. The Bonnies are always a physical team, although they're a bit younger than they normally are.

I'm not too up-to-speed with San Diego, but they were a top-100 team last year.

Either way, you have to love these situations. We do this event to hopefully prepare us for a conference tournament. Playing back-to-back nights against different styles of offenses."

I could list to Dusty talk basketball all day. He loves the game and he loves this job.

Back to the top
Control functions: