Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Class of 2016

Add topic

Re: Class of 2016

Class of 2016

Tha't ok we need more dorms to handle the 10K living on-campus (my goal and I would hope the schools as well) to "limit" the talk of just being a big commuter school. By the wa, did y'all know UCF has 9 parking garages while we still only have 2! Now THAT is a commuter school to me!
Back to the top

Slight update here, just says we broke 30k this year and received >28,000 freshman applications for the fall 2012 semester (we had 24,667 for fall last year).

There are a handful more dominoes that fall into place to really make this whole thing "perfect."

Back to the top

Saunders will give her "State of the Union" on Thursday.......
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

Any news on the size of this class? Are we going over 30k? Any other news?

I went to an event last week at the Baldwin House.  MJ stated that we officially surpassed 30K students by about 275 students.

Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

Slight update here, just says we broke 30k this year and received >28,000 freshman applications for the fall 2012 semester (we had 24,667 for fall last year).

There are a handful more dominoes that fall into place to really make this whole thing "perfect."

Does anyone know what the acceptance was (number) and the %?

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Rick said

Saunders will give her "State of the Union" on Thursday…….

10 a.m. in the Lifelong Learning Center Auditorium, 777 Glades Road, Boca Raton campus.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

:o :o :o  28,000 applications is just huge.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

The transcripts of the SOU address has that the freshman class was 3244. Were the 28000 applications all for freshman slots or was that total applications (transfer and freshman)?

Entering freshman GPA 3.57

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Total # of apps was over 45,000 I think (transfer and freshman). Next year's class is going to be 4,000+ I bet the goal is 4,200+. We are going to need a crap load of students to fill housing.

I personally think we should build another garage ASAP. Parking was always an issue but I think it's getting out of hand now. And they want to add another 1000 people on campus? I'll have to find this web site that shows all state school's info for admissons. I can't seem to find it but I'll post it when I do.

edit: found it.

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

http://www.flbog.edu/about/_doc/cod/asa/2012_08_13_FINAL_Matrix.pdf
Back to the top

From a guy who has been in Boca all his life and graduated from FAU in 92' these numbers are astounding!

This school is going to be amazing in 10/20 years.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top
Control functions: