Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Craig Angelos Out as Athletic Director at Florida Atlantic

Add topic

Re: Craig Angelos Out as Athletic Director at Florida Atlantic

Craig Angelos Out as Athletic Director at Florida Atlantic

Jab979 said

that pic is USF's student union? Wow! That's really nice!

It's their new Student Union (actually, I think they just call it the Marshall Student Center). Built in 2008, the building is an impressive 230,000 square feet with restaurants, amphitheater, formal restaurant, ball rooms… not to mention it also has this great "Running with the Bulls" statue out front:

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

UCF built a new student union in 2000. Opened in 1997, it's about 180,000 square feet, from what I've read. It's got similar things: food court, Kaplan, optical services, computer store, Wackadoos, meeting space… it has a nice atrium.

And of course neither compare to UF's Reitz Center, but they're better than ours and we obviously need to update to stay competitive and offer our students the best possible experience.

Jab979 said

Owl2Doc: You said one of the complaints you've heard was that the union isn't centrally located. Where else could they put it? If they were to move it, what would they do with the building that's there now? Classrooms, more dorms?

Hard to say.

As I mentioned, the SO building could become the new SU, although I don't think it has a lot of room to grow… only to the west and that won't add too much space. That and it's kind of a strange building as is to support that kind of development.

Another option that makes sense to me -  although I haven't heard it from anybody connected to the university - is to grow the existing Administration building west toward Alumni Plaza and make that the new SU. I understand this would cut into the Rat's Mouth, but there's a lot of space to grow westward there and it's already a drop-off point for the Palm Tran. Furthermore, we could really use the field in front of the Admin building to create a nice recreational space or maybe even a nice fountain plaza.

But I don't ever see that happening since it would also mean uprooting all the Admin people and putting them somewhere else (like, say, the present SU)

The last thought was to put it somewhere over by the Innovation Village, especially since it would draw more people towards the stadium and whatnot. But that may be too far north unless the campus continues to grow into the preserve, in which case that might become the "middle" of campus.
Back to the top

Angelos could be rubbing elbows (indirectly) with Kore White now…….

Angelos Hired as USF Compliance Director
Back to the top

Good for Craig.

Thats probably the perfect job for him as it doesnt involve fundraising and growing the program.

He was pretty good at keeping things running.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

When it comes to triple checking the figures, and being extra cautious to make a decision, he excels…….

Therefor, a perfect role.
Back to the top

Angelos is a lawyer. This seems like the perfect position for him. He did well in that capacity at FAU. I wish him much success.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Agreed, nothing personal against him. It was time for us to move on. Glad he was able to find a job. Good luck in your future endeavors Craig

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Back to the top
Control functions: