Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Fan guide and traditions

Add topic

Re: Fan guide and traditions

Fan guide and traditions

smittysahoot said

Each freshmen is handed the fight song during orientation and they sing it as well. Brave freshmen get up on stage and sing it with the prOWLers.

Our son started last August at FAU.  After his orientation last year, I asked him if they taught him the fight song or if he heard anyone singing the fight song.  The answer was NO to both questions…just so you know, smitty.
Back to the top

fauowl said

smittysahoot said

Each freshmen is handed the fight song during orientation and they sing it as well. Brave freshmen get up on stage and sing it with the prOWLers.

Our son started last August at FAU.  After his orientation last year, I asked him if they taught him the fight song or if he heard anyone singing the fight song.   The answer was NO to both questions…just so you know, smitty.

Unfortunately Smitty doesn't live here anymore so I'm guessing he just has to go by what they tell him and what he did when he was there. If you're son wants the real college experience tell him to come find the Dirty Birds we'll teach him the fight song, he also may learn the expert craft of beer pong too in the process  ;) lol

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

fauowl said

smittysahoot said

Our son started last August at FAU.  After his orientation last year, I asked him if they taught him the fight song or if he heard anyone singing the fight song.   The answer was NO to both questions…just so you know, smitty.

Interesting. I am not there, but I was told that the prOWLers were at every orientation except for one or two. So maybe your son went to one they weren't at?

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

smittysahoot said

And the fight song isn't that bad, really. I like it.

I think we like it because we're so used to it. We've been to close games (like the triple OT loss to ULM) where the crowd is on the edge of their seats and don't give a damn so they'll sing or say anything. That's when the DBs have total control of the student section.

As a session at Orientation – and one of the best ones, don't get me wrong – freshmen probably think it's a little gay. Sorry. But we can't take it personally because we know how high school seniors are usually too cool to do anything. What's important is that they get exposed to it and what they choose to do with it from there… is up to them.

Back to the top

I know the dirty birds don't cuss, but I can't remember exactly what it was that "Dirty J" said to a Georgia State player a few years ago to make him ask "dirty J" to meet him outside of the gym.  Does anyone else remember? ;D ;)
Back to the top

mh2os said

I know the dirty birds don't cuss, but I can't remember exactly what it was that "Dirty J" said to a Georgia State player a few years ago to make him ask "dirty J" to meet him outside of the gym.  Does anyone else remember? ;D ;)

hahaha I don't think anyone else was there. Still didn't curse at the guy he just wanted to f'n kill me! lol

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top
Control functions: