Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU 2007 Sports Auction

Add topic

FAU 2007 Sports Auction

Was held last night at the Burrow, the last planned event before the renovations get underway.

Great night from start to finish, was able to meet a lot of people that seems you only get to see while attending these type of functions. Always a pleasure to talk to the coaches, Angelos, a BOT member and many others. And of course the best was, having a chance to talk with Lee Corso, awesome, now we need to have ESPN Gameday do a broadcast from an FAU game in our new stadium :o

I got caught-up in a few bidding wars, losing the majority of the battles ::) regardless, it was a great night because FAU athletics was the out-right winner and I didn't leave empty handed.

I am wondering how difficult it would be for FAU to set-up a On-Line Auction,especially for the many fans that are not able to participate in these functions because of location. I am sure E-Bay would able to help with this. Just a thought.

Back to the top

FAU 2007 Sports Auction

Bytor,

Did you get any inside info from the people you talked to about the on campus stadium or the Burrow renovations?
Back to the top

FAU 2007 Sports Auction

fauowls44 said

Bytor,

Did you get any inside info from the people you talked to about the on campus stadium or the Burrow renovations?

From the people I talked to, they all shared the same feelings we all have - let's get it done NOW, they are tired of talking about it and pretty much are ready to get the ball rolling. No confirmation if the Temp. is a go, yet I get the overall feeling that playing on campus sooner rather then later mentality.

The Bot does meet in May to finalize the details of the Innovation Village & the Stadium.

Athletics are very excited about the renovations and all the possible events that can be held in the future, possibly tournament games. IMO, being able to host the SB Championship games at the burrow would be awesome, plus the location in South Florida will make it a very attractive site. This could do wonders for the University, so the renovations that are underway will be more then cosmetics upgrades, but a transformation that will leave us we a very nice facility, it may not be like the Canjun Dome or the WKU arena, but will still be a major transformation.

Back to the top

FAU 2007 Sports Auction

Bytor said

Was held last night at the Burrow, the last planned event before the renovations get underway.

Great night from start to finish, was able to meet a lot of people that seems you only get to see while attending these type of functions. Always a pleasure to talk to the coaches, Angelos, a BOT member and many others. And of course the best was, having a chance to talk with Lee Corso, awesome, now we need to have ESPN Gameday do a broadcast from an FAU game in our new stadium :o

I got caught-up in a few bidding wars, losing the majority of the battles ::) regardless, it was a great night because FAU athletics was the out-right winner and I didn't leave empty handed.

I am wondering how difficult it would be for FAU to set-up a On-Line Auction,especially for the many fans that are not able to participate in these functions because of location. I am sure E-Bay would able to help with this. Just a thought.

I think the idea of some sort of online auction is great. I knew nothing about the event at FAU. I couldn't have attended, but it still would have been nice to hear about it. I think numerous people on this board would be interested in items, especially since many do not live in the greater Boca area anymore and many are out of state, myself included.

GO OWLS!!!

You can run kitties, but you can't hide!!!
Back to the top

FAU 2007 Sports Auction

owlfan1 said

Bytor said

I think the idea of some sort of online auction is great. I knew nothing about the event at FAU. I couldn't have attended, but it still would have been nice to hear about it. I think numerous people on this board would be interested in items, especially since many do not live in the greater Boca area anymore and many are out of state, myself included.

GO OWLS!!!

go to www.fausports.com every so often…they had a running banner on the site about it…also, you can sign up for a newsletter that is sent to your e-mail box that has all the dtaes for "special" events, etc…Hope this helps…….
Back to the top

FAU 2007 Sports Auction

Does anyone know how much $ the auction brought in?

Back to the top

FAU 2007 Sports Auction

i would imagine a couple thousand easy, not counting the dinner fee...we used to have them with no dinner at the hotel and we brought in a couple ks...without anything really "meritorious" to offer as well...
Back to the top

FAU 2007 Sports Auction

http://fausports.cstv.com/genrel/032307aaa.html#

The auction is covered on the FAU sports web. They still didn't say how much was brought in by the auction.

It would have to be considerably more than a couple of thousand otherwise why bother.

Howard has a lot of connections in the sports world.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

FAU 2007 Sports Auction

illinoisowl said

http://fausports.cstv.com/genrel/032307aaa.html#

The auction is covered on the FAU sports web. They still didn't say how much was brought in by the auction.

It would have to be considerably more than a couple of thousand otherwise why bother.

Howard has a lot of connections in the sports world.

I was referring to just the "auction" item purchases…and agree with you :)
Back to the top

FAU 2007 Sports Auction

faualum said

Does anyone know how much $ the auction brought in?

The lastest is, over $68,000 was raised at the auction, for the athletic scholaship funds.

Up next is the FAU Foundation Golf Tournament at Trump's Int'l golf course.

Back to the top
Control functions: