Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Named to U.S. President's 2013 Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll

Add topic

BOCA RATON, Fla. (April 12, 2013) – Florida Atlantic University's Weppner Center for Civic Engagement and Service recently received recognition from the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS) for its commitment to service and civic engagement on campus, in the community and the nation. The honor reflects the high level of participation by FAU students in innovative community volunteer programs and service-learning projects.

“We are honored to be named to the 2013 President's Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll,” said Nori Carter, director of the Weppner Center. “It speaks to the high caliber of FAU’s faculty, staff and students who give tirelessly of their time, gifts and talents in service both to our campus and our community.”

Full Article

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: FAU Named to U.S. President's 2013 Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll

I wonder if the wonderful rag called the palm beach post is going to run days of consecutive stories about this? 

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Re: FAU Named to U.S. President's 2013 Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll

dusky256fc said

I wonder if the wonderful rag called the palm beach post is going to run days of consecutive stories about this?

Haha no they'll wait until there's something negative to report. Where's our old friend Kimberly Miller these days? She still work there?

Back to the top

Jab979 said

dusky256fc said

Haha no they'll wait until there's something negative to report. Where's our old friend Kimberly Miller these days? She still work there?

She covers real estate for them now
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

They're too busy writing stories like this and of course this.
Back to the top

FAU Named to U.S. President's 2013 Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll

O2D the second link didn't work: Page Not Found

Back to the top

Jab979 said

O2D the second link didn't work: Page Not Found

Oh, weird. No matter how I post it here, even separating the h from the ttp, the URL keeps getting converted to

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/news/*****/nXFk6/

Not sure why that is.

Anyway, it's the article titled "Could shots to FAU's image cause permanent scars?" It's not from Sunday, April 7th so you might have already read it. The first two responses call PBP out for furthering the issue.
Back to the top
Control functions: