Great article from the SS: "John Kelly gets high marks for first year as president"
- Graduation rates up to 45% (from 40%)
- "Raised admissions standards and created a summer program for at-risk students, leading to a better-prepared freshman class. "
- "The university added more advisers."
- Admissions decisions are made in 24 hours (previously 16 weeks).
- "FAU, which used to admit almost anyone with a high school degree, has boosted its standards under Kelly. The average GPA for a student admitted has increased from 3.77 last year to a 3.9 for this fall. Kelly said he plans to continue raising standards every year."
- FAU moving more and more science staff from Boca Raton to Jupiter to capitalize on biotech partnerships
- "The decision to raise admission standards came after Kelly and Provost Gary Perry spent several months visiting every department at the university. They asked faculty and staff for unfiltered responses about what the university is doing right and what needs to improve. Kelly also improved FAU's advising system and made some leadership switches as a result of those meetings, he said. 'It was a huge investment of time, and no one had ever done that before," said Ronald Nyhan, a professor of public administration who is the Faculty Senate president. "He has really brought back a sense of trust and vision to the university.'"
Read the full story here.
That was it for me…done.
It failed to recognize the fact that we were atop the class in a number of others.
Just goes to show you the true agenda.
Rick saidThe one they recently wrote
They who? The PBP, right?