Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2016 NCAA Softball Gainesville Regional Thread

Add topic

FAU Softball gets disrespected and ends up in the Gainesville regional as the #2 seed. 

The #2 seed is correct but we deserved better than being in the regional with the country's #1 seed.

Beat them!! Go Owls!

2016 NCAA SOFTBALL GAINESVILLE REGIONAL
Hosted by University of Florida
May 20-22

Friday, May 20
G1 - (2) Florida Atlantic 0 vs. (3) UCF 1
G2 - (1) Florida 11 vs. (4) Alabama State 0

Saturday, May 21
G3 - (1) Florida 5 vs. (3) UCF 0
G4 - (2) Florida Atlantic 8 vs. (4) Alabama State 0
G5 - (2) Florida Atlantic vs. (3) UCF 5:30 PM

Sunday, May 22
Game 6: (1) Florida vs. UCF-Florida Atlantic winner, Noon, ESPN3
Game 7 (if necessary): Teams TBD, 2:30 p.m., ESPN3

2016 FAU Softball Schedule & Results - FAU Owl's Nest

Back to the top

fauowl said

FAU Softball gets disrespected and ends up in the Gainesville regional as the #2 seed. 

The #2 seed is correct but we deserved better than being in the regional with the country's #1 seed.

Beat them!! Go Owls!
Posted On: May 15th 2016, 10:43 PM #356185

totally disrespected by the NCAA.  
Back to the top

Someone with more knowledge of college softball will have to explain a few things here.

Second most wins in the NCAA - not worthy of a ranking? I know it's C-USA, but the Sunbelt Champs definitely grabbed a spot. Didn't we win like 21 straight to end the season? Was their resume that much more impressive? Or is this a facilities issue again?

Why UF again?! You put the second most wins as the two seed with the team with the most wins. Even if the two seed is accurate, why not somewhere like the FSU regional? Having to beat UF (most likely twice) is a death sentence.

Definitely seems like disrespect, as previously mentioned.
Back to the top

I agree with all the above comments. Yes we got the screws put to us. Now we need to do something about it. Lets win the dang thing. I assure you that the Gators are not real happy with us being there too.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I assure you that the Gators are not real happy with us being there too.
Posted On: May 16th 2016, 5:44 AM #356188

Agree.  The Gators could be saying the same thing, that they got disrespected by having us sent to their regional.

To @Owlsfan4: Our RPI was not quite high enough to host (23 as of the last ranking). Based on that, the #2 seed is correct, however, if they insist on keeping us in FLA, I agree, the FSU regional was probably more accurate.

Now we just have to play and not worry about it. At this point, everyone is good. Before we worry about UF, we have to worry about UCF (31 RPI).

Go Owls! One game at a time.
Back to the top

Respect? We are FAU, PROVE 'EM WRONG LADIES!
Back to the top

We beat UCF earlier in the season. Yet i know its different come tournament time. I guess taking on schools like Rutgers, Michigan State, Illnosis, Purdue, Minnesota didnt make much of a difference in the RPI rankings.
Back to the top

USMCOWL said

We beat UCF earlier in the season. Yet i know its different come tournament time. I guess taking on schools like Rutgers, Michigan State, Illnosis, Purdue, Minnesota didnt make much of a difference in the RPI rankings.
Posted On: May 16th 2016, 8:09 AM #356191

Rutgers is #110. Michigan State is #105. Illinois is #48. Minnesota is #22.  Beating Top 50 teams are the ones who help your RPI the most, not just schools who sound like they are big names.
Back to the top

Close loss at Oregon hurt, would have been huge boost.
Back to the top

Take 'em all down Lady Owls, the BEST time to face UF is now, early in the tourney, and to win it all you have to beat 'em sometime anyhow, GO LADY OWLS!
Back to the top
Control functions: