Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2012 FAU Women's Soccer Schedule

Add topic

Re: 2012 FAU Women's Soccer Schedule

Rick said

The Owls draw top seed North Texas.

They will take on the Mean Green tomorrow at 11:00 AM.

Today's game will be streamed online FREE of charge:

Link To watch
Back to the top

Got it online now, thanks for the post. Down 0-1 already with 29 minutes gone though. C'mon lady Owls!
Back to the top

N. Texas with the srong N. wind this half so wind will be in Lady Owls favor in 2nd half. If they can hold to only 1 goal down they have a shot! WE play LOTS of long balls from what I see, and into the wind very tough as each pass gets help up in that wind making it very easy for defenders.
Back to the top

Lady Owls fall 0-1.

I only caught the last 20 minutes of the 2nd half and we did not have one offensive chance down 0-1! While N. Texas CONTINUED to attack and took many foolish WEAK shots instead of running dewn the clock (thank you N. Texas).

I don't get the coaching. First let me say I played and coached soccer for nearly 40 years. There was no support from the defensive players who continued to hang back just above OUR OWN penalty area like we were defending a late lead. Thus ANY loose ball the N. Nexas players got to and attacked OUR goal. YOU CANNOT TIE A GAME from your own defensive end! Next, our BEST player is a mid-fielder whom was playing forward and basically never (barely - only twice in those final 20 minutes) touched the ball and onlt then way back near midfield as the ball ball NOT  going to get to the attacking zone. Also, we substituted too much and with a running clock and NO EXTRA TIME in college soccer, we wasted at least 2 minutes with that! Finally, being down 0-1 (a winnable game to me!), there was little sense of urgency and aggression until the final two minutes. I don't get it, this is the end of your season as I see it, GO FOR IT 110%!

I enjoyed seing the Lady Owls but in seeing them play I saw A LOT to be concerned about if I am the AD! And from the results of the vast majority of FAU teams this seems to be a constant.

Coaching style and decisions in a close thight game you can win and I will have to ad, the players  were not physical enough (YES, EVEN WOMAN'S SOCCER IS AND SHOULD BE PHYSICAL) and far to passive on both D and in the transition to try and go on the O! Push your D up to almost midfield, the O players have to follow as you are leaving them in VERY OBVIOUS offsides position! Now the D is forward enough to HELP AND SUPPORT YOUR ATTACK not, as I call it even in pee wee soccer, defending the grass or the goal line - that is what the goalie is for. You have to have at least 8 involved on O every possession, then you will outnumber their D and create scoring chances and score goals. The present way you are luck to ONLY lose 0-1 and your season is done! You can't win if you can't score and your best player, no matter how good, can't score if they never get the ball in a position to score or distribute the ball to a teammate to score.

I have to lastly ad, again for all sports at FAU, BEGIN TO RECRUIT Georgia! I have seen MANY HS and travel teams that would dominate our present Lady Owls soccer team. And that is partly coaching and partly playing style and partly skill and speed level of the players. I know LOTS of quality Geoirgia players in any sport that would love to go to college in S. Florida if given the chance!

Congrats to the Lady Owls on making the Belt tournament, to the seniors thank you and to the returning players, work hard and practice hard to move up the Belt ranks next year! Go Lady Owls!
Back to the top

The Owls' 2012 season came to a close in a 1-0 defeat  by North Texas at the 1st round of the Sun Belt Tournament in Mobile, AL.

The Mean Green were busy offensively, posting a 20-4 advantage in shots, and an 8-0 leverage in corner kick attempts.

Carly McDowell accounted for the contest's lone score in the 9th minute off a feed from team mate Tori Adame.

Ashley Lantes recorded five saves for the Owls in her final collegiate game, and junior Ellie Smith contributed two shots.
Back to the top
Control functions: