Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Could stadium production be pushed?

Add topic

Re: Could stadium production be pushed?

Lm77 said

SeminOWL2006 said

I still want it for 09…

Get the seats up, lets us watch some games, then build all the suites and innovation crap

It will actually be built in the opposite order… the revenue from the Innovation Village comes first.

nope… HOK Sport, Inc. had that idea and FAU shot it down and even dropped HOK after that… they don't want to finance themselves into debt…

the "revenue" from innovation village will not pay for the stadium, whatsoever

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

What's going to be in the innovation village anyway? I mean as far as shops…

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

Fledgling said

What's going to be in the innovation village anyway? I mean as far as shops…

They don't know at this point.

A little while ago the BOT posted a document presenting ideas culled from "informal interviews with students" (more than half of the ideas were mine, given to them as a list) and it listed a coffee shop, a small movie theater, a bar/grill, hair salon/beautician, optician, small laundromat, an internet cafe(?), computer repair shop… I'm trying to think of what else… maybe a small bowling alley?

I imagine what it's likely to be is shops like Hollister, Abercrombie, Gap, Old Navy; one chain name (i.e. Chick-fil-A) along with restaurants no one has heard of that are affiliated with Chartwells (i.e. Salsarita's); Office Depot with computer help center; something named Jamayra's Haircut and Weave Emporium; a store no one will use (Antique Shop, perhaps), maybe another Coyote Jack's.

I'd like to be more optimistic but I've been let down by FAU too many times before to think otherwise at this point.
Back to the top

How about an alternative book store…like Bill's at FSU. (Booksmart)

And.
What about some sort of fancy dining so that the bigwigs can eat nice when they are there and the wealthier students can take dates there….maybe can be used for fraternity socials at other points.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

I really don't see Hollister, Old Navy, etc. moving in there considering they already have stores in town center mall which would and will get more traffic.

But I could be wrong.

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

Office Depot is making more since given the pricetag now...
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

Office Depot is making more since given the pricetag now…

I am confused. What do you mean?
Back to the top

Lago said

Florida_Owl said

Office Depot is making more since given the pricetag now…

I am confused. What do you mean?

meant "sense"…not since - sorry…

they make more and more sense as the naming rights sponsor…
Back to the top

SeminOWL2006 said

How about an alternative book store…like Bill's at FSU. (Booksmart)

And.
What about some sort of fancy dining so that the bigwigs can eat nice when they are there and the wealthier students can take dates there….maybe can be used for fraternity socials at other points.

Anything could happen, of course, and I'm not on the Innovation Village committe (although I wish I was) but I imagine the two things they're going to go for are student services (optician, etc) and companies they already have an affiliation with (Chartwells, Office Depot).

My suggestions were for a Papa John's, Ben and Jerry's, KFC or Taco Bell, Starbucks, sports bar with pool tables, Supercuts, Computer Repair Center (possibly Radio Shack), small nightclub (only for FAU/PBCC/Lynn students with valid student ID), small bowling alley (since I'm hearing Boca Bowl is going to get demolished in the next two years), the Gap or Old Navy, Blockbuster Video, stuff like that.

I don't know what the situation with the Innovation is at the moment because originally we were told that it was going to be built first and the revenue was going to support building the stadium. If that were true, it would have to be built and open for Fall '09 at the latest and I've seen nothing out of FAU facilities indicating that's going to happen. All I've seen are the 600-person upperclassmen Innovation Village apartments.

Although I'd love to see it in Fall '09, I have a feeling it's going to open at the same time as the stadium… Fall 2010.
Back to the top

Whatever they put in there it should be geared to everyday student life. This needs to be hub for student activity. A place where students flock to. I do not thing a gap or any other type of chain clothing store fits that bill. Bars, inexpensive food, FAU Apparel, bookstore, bowling, headshop (J.K.), Starbucks, or ect. is what NEEDS to be there. The idea is to keep students on campus. This is the only way we will get away from being a commuter type of school. After that is done, Fraternities and Sororities need to be next.
Back to the top
Control functions: