Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Stadium Receives 700K from Delray Acura/Hyundai for Club Level Naming Rights

Add topic

Re: FAU Stadium Receives 700K from Delray Acura/Hyundai for Club Level Naming Rights

I hope we cashed that check before the start of the MSU game.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Re: FAU Stadium Receives 700K from Delray Acura/Hyundai for Club Level Naming Rights

Buying a new car soon…looks like somebody just earned my business.  ;)

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Did they ask for the money back yet? Just kidding! :D
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Did they ask for the money back yet? Just kidding! :D

I am sure they are looking to the future and what we will do with the stadium in the years to come…and so should we.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

fauowl said

The problem right now is that FAU has a couple monopolistic contracts in place that create certain issues.  Just as the Bookstore has the exclusive rights to sell merchandise on campus (how they can just not show up to half the events and NOT be a breach of contract baffles me–but that's another story), Chartwells has the rights to the food on campus and is the gatekeeper.  So when a Subway or a Hooters wants to come on campus, Chartwells has the power of veto unless they give the ok which means someone paid someone a fee or a percentage for the privilege.

These contracts were probably great for FAU when no one was wanting to get on campus, but with the new stadium, these contracts pose a bit of a stumbling block for FAU to bring in businesses that can help take the University to the next level IMHO.

Let's see what FAU does when these contracts expire.  Hopefully they get more creative and allow themselves to grow the revenue.

Go Owls!!

There will be a Subway in the new stadium.
Back to the top

nowle said

Just curious but are these naming rights forever or for a certain time period?

I believe they are for five years.

Currently, FAU will probably (most likely) be forced to take a reduced donation for either a reduced term or standard five year term with some language in the contract allowing either party to terminate based on certain terms.  I'm sure if FAU takes a reduced fee for standard term, they would want to terminate that agreement should they be come successful, get on national tv regularly, move up to a better conference or host a bowl game in Boca.
Back to the top
Control functions: