Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Fly Over??

Add topic

Re: Fly Over??

dmarkey said

Jab we do have cheers and chants but people just need to participate/ learn them!

DMarkey, since we have an owl flying in, and a plane fly over, maybe you can do combination of that in the form a "jump over" of some type…….

We can lay a mock version of the other teams mascot down on the 50 yard line prior to the game just before the band takes the field to welcome the team, and you can jump over it with your horse!

What do you think??

;D
Back to the top

dmarkey said

Jab we do have cheers and chants but people just need to participate/ learn them!

I wish FAU would hand out a flyer or something on game days with the fight song/cheers/owl fingers description.

Maybe its somethign the Frats/Soro could do?

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

I bet it get's up on the new video board guys - not a problem anymore - just need time and reps to learn it!
Back to the top

owlfamily said

dmarkey said

I wish FAU would hand out a flyer or something on game days with the fight song/cheers/owl fingers description.

Maybe its somethign the Frats/Soro could do?

I know they are doing player interviews on the big screen during the game…they should have the players flash owl fingers to support it.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

The Cheer squad has done a great job at basketball games with the foul shot instructional video, I'm sure something is in the works.

The more touchdowns we score, the more we get to sing the fight song! That's a good incentive!

I've got fight song cards on hand actually, they're made up by SG and handed out a couple of years ago, so they exist.
Back to the top

A lot of our chant/fight song issues will be solved with the words being on the screen now.  Also,  you can download the words and the fight song ringtone from the itsowltime site. (Not sure if I'm allowed to post the actual link or not).  I did and it's awesome.

But I'm honestly not sure I can personally get behind the "owlfingers" thing.  I haven't really seen it in person at a game yet, but it seems kinda "hoky".  Am I the only one who thinks so? 

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

duder said

A lot of our chant/fight song issues will be solved with the words being on the screen now.  Also,  you can download the words and the fight song ringtone from the itsowltime site. (Not sure if I'm allowed to post the actual link or not).  I did and it's awesome.

But I'm honestly not sure I can personally get behind the "owlfingers" thing.  I haven't really seen it in person at a game yet, but it seems kinda "hoky".  Am I the only one who thinks so?
I personally like the owl fingers. It's ours and unique. I think it pretty cool and I will be holding up my owl fingers on Oct 15.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Have to admit…I like the owl fingers too.  I can see how it sounds cheesy, buts its actually pretty good….and our own.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

I personally like the owl fingers. It's ours and unique. I think it pretty cool and I will be holding up my owl fingers on Oct 15.

I do it but and I'm not even sure how it applies to us because it doesn't personally remind me of an owl in any way. It is the American Sign Language fingerspell letter for "F", as in "FAU", but that's the only connection I've made with it so far. Were the prOWLers or Dirty Birds aware of that connection when it formed?

As far as it being unique, I dunno. I feel like I've seen it somewhere before. We've take so many other ideas from people, even recently:

Auburn bird swoop -> FAU owl swoop
"Between the Hedges" -> "Between the Palms"
UCF Athletics Village concept -> FAU "Innovation" Village

I just hope people don't try to start a "red!" "blue!" chant on each side of the stadium. Please don't. Seriously.

I think we can do better. And I hope the coming generations of freshmen take charge and make this campus unique. I like the enthusiasm so far - you've gotta love the Owl Rangers guys, for instance.

I'd still like to see:

- Red AND BLUE pavers in the crosswalks across the roads, especially across Glades if we could pull that off. A lot of schools just do red brick pavers. Let's do both red and blue.
- The clock in the Innovation Village plaza play the "Stomp Stomp Clap Clap F-A-U-ooooooo" soundbite with every hour change instead of a bell sound.
- Fireworks display after every home football win. Come for the game, stay for the fireworks.
- Our Greek Housing project to be Key West-themed. Imagine houses like this:

They could be on the north side of the stadium facing the new FAU Blvd.
Back to the top

I memorize the fight song, that's not a problem. But, what other "chants" do we have aside from that? RED - BLUE F-A-U? LAME! Who Let The Owls Out? Let's not even go there! lol

As for the Owl fingers, I love them! I think they're great. Who cares if someone else uses it or not. When you're football team has been playing for 11 seasons you're not going to find many things that are unique.

Guess what…. Penn State - Zombie Nation = UCF - Zombie Nation

As for Athletics Village, UCF didn't come up with that idea on their own. They saw it somewhere else and then put their own spin on it, just like we did.

"The clock in the Innovation Village plaza play the "Stomp Stomp Clap Clap F-A-U-ooooooo" soundbite with every hour change instead of a bell sound." Do you have ANY idea how annoying that would be? haha  :D

"Fireworks display after every home football win. Come for the game, stay for the fireworks."  You just said we take too many ideas from other people. We may have the same attendance figures, but we're not the Florida Marlins, sorry the "Miami Marlins". This isn't Super Saturday with Luis Rojas lol

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top
Control functions: