Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Innovation Village - It's a GO!

Add topic

Re: Innovation Village - It's a GO!

Totally agree with you! Enough with the pessimism, be proud to be an Owl now, and especially in the future!!!!!
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

fauowl said

"For us to build a stadium in the 10th year of our existence, from 2001 to 2011, when we get that done, that's going to be recordsetting," Schnellenberger said. "See if anyone else has ever done it. And to do it in a place not only where they didn't have a football team but at a school where they didn't even have interest in a football team … this will happen."

I think this is a great quote to reflect on. During this process I was frustrated just like many others but in retrospect this whole thing is quite an achievement. 10 years ago today, Howard was standing on that tree stump in the middle of the cafe trying to get students to listen to him talk about football…a few years after that, we're debating the secondary speed of Bethune Cookman, and now we're staring down the barrel of playing Nebraska in our opener, after winning two bowls, and a stadium on the very near horizon. It's great, to be, an FAU Owl ;)

We're all guilty of bitching about the speed of this process but seriously, we've come a long way, and we should appreciate that.

Um… one school that did it is FIU.
Back to the top

Lm77 said

Um… one school that did it is FIU.

Well…….

From scratch??

(They had a stadium to play in on their campus)
Back to the top

Yes, thought about that whilst typing that and they had a headstart when it comes to stadium…from day one they've been playing on campus and as visiting fans this year, we'll still be sitting in bleachers from the original stadium so I'm not counting them.

And their football team sucks, it's nothing to be proud of.
Back to the top

A dilapidated, ugly, nasty high school stadium it was at that! They should have upgraded that thing long ago with it being an existing structure on campus!
Back to the top

From the True Blue Newsletter

FAU will hold the groundbreaking for Phase I of Innovation Village Apartments on April 21 at 9 a.m. on the Boca Raton campus.

The student residential complex is being built to meet Silver Level certification standards in the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) rating system of the U.S. Green Building Council. The complex will consist of a 7-story and 8-story building that will house 1,218 beds within nearly 500,000 square feet.

The new residences will provide upper division and graduate students with four- and two-bedroom units, each with two bathrooms. Each unit will feature a full kitchen with Energy Star appliances, cable TV and access to high-speed internet. Some apartments will include laundry facilities as well.

The complex will increase on-campus housing by 50% and provide students a lush courtyard with green spaces, an outdoor pool, sand volleyball court, BBQ grills and outdoor seating. Other amenities will include a fitness center, convenience store, computer lab, smart technology conference rooms and multipurpose meeting areas.
Back to the top

Sounds like it is going to be one heck of a place to stay!
Back to the top

Rick said

Yeah, sure is a lot different than Algonquin  :'(

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

Rick said

They could add some asbestos. ;D
Back to the top

NCowl said

walty12 said

Rick said

They could add some asbestos. ;D

And Mercury…

Or was that Seminole??
Back to the top
Control functions: