Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Ways to Raise Money For The Stadium

Add topic

After posting a similar type of message under another thread, I got to thinking. Since we already know that a lot of the powers to be visit this site, maybe we as fans can come up with suggestions on how we can raise money for the new stadium. Therefore, I will repeat my previous thought in order to get this ball rolling.

As we have in Ft. Lauderdale, on the Riverwalk. I would suggest that the University create a "Brick Program" around the stadium. What this would be is that for a fee of say $200.00 you, your family or your company can purchase a brick that you can have something engraved on it and then have that brick placed in the ground around the stadium. I think this would be a great idea and a way for every alumni to have the opportunity of having their name forever embedded into the foundation of the University without having to Donate $10,000,000.00.

P.S. For an even larger contribution, say $10,000.00 - $20,000.00 you can actually have a plaque embedded into the wall of the stadium.
Back to the top

faudiehard said

I would suggest that the University create a "Brick Program" around the stadium. What this would be is that for a fee of say $200.00 you, your family or your company can purchase a brick that you can have something engraved on it and then have that brick placed in the ground around the stadium.

The Student Alumni Association (SSA) has started this already. personalized 4"x8" for $75 and 8"x8" for $125. The idea is to create a sidewalk that will lead into the stadium. Very reasonable if you ask me.

I received a form at the MTSU game. It states to contact Paul Metcalf at 561-297-1248 or [email protected] with any questions.

I like the large plaque suggestion also Diehard. They should add that too. Good thinking, let's see what else we could do to raise interest…and funds.

Go Owls…Dig it, now!
Back to the top

I already responded in the other thread and I think that is a great idea. $200 to be a part of history and a permanent part of the stadium is a bargain. This could be another great fan-driven response to the apathy that we have already seen.

I hope someone picks up on this idea.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

prowler said

faudiehard said

I would suggest that the University create a "Brick Program" around the stadium. What this would be is that for a fee of say $200.00 you, your family or your company can purchase a brick that you can have something engraved on it and then have that brick placed in the ground around the stadium.

The Student Alumni Association (SSA) has started this already. personalized 4"x8" for $75 and 8"x8" for $125. The idea is to create a sidewalk that will lead into the stadium. Very reasonable if you ask me.

I received a form at the MTSU game. It states to contact Paul Metcalf at 561-297-1248 or [email protected] with any questions.

I like the large plaque suggestion also Diehard. They should add that too. Good thinking, let's see what else we could do to raise interest…and funds.

Go Owls…Dig it, now!

If they are going to do this they need to really push it hard and advertise it. It should be included in the alumni magazine as well as advertised at games and on and around campus.

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

I would tie it into season ticket sales. For example, if you buy three years of season tickets in the new stadium at once, you get a personalized "founder's" brick outside as a bonus.
Back to the top

Lm77 said

I would tie it into season ticket sales. For example, if you buy three years of season tickets in the new stadium at once, you get a personalized "founder's" brick outside as a bonus.

Not bad…I also think they can sell benches around the stadium. For a certain amount of money, you can get a bench with your name or company name on it and the date. How cool would it be for your family to see that you were an instrumental part of getting the stadium built, 50 years from now.
Back to the top

These are all great ideas, but they need to get the word out. Put it on the website, alumni magazine, game programs for all sports, flyers at games, information tent at games, take out an add in the Sentinel or Post, etc.

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

owlfan1 said

These are all great ideas, but they need to get the word out. Put it on the website, alumni magazine, game programs for all sports, flyers at games, information tent at games, take out an add in the Sentinel or Post, etc.

GO OWLS!!!

I agree with all of those ideas, except for the Sun-Sentinel or Post. Those are two very costly forms of advertising. You can get a lot more bang for your buck by doing a more "Target Marketed" type of advertising campaign.
Back to the top

faudiehard said

owlfan1 said

GO OWLS!!!

I agree with all of those ideas, except for the Sun-Sentinel or Post. Those are two very costly forms of advertising. You can get a lot more bang for your buck by doing a more "Target Marketed" type of advertising campaign.

I agree. I only mentioned the Sentinel and Post because I thought that maybe they might already be running some type of ad for one of the games. Otherwise, yes it would be too expensive.

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

The sooner the University can raise funds, the sooner the construction can begin.

While I do donate every year, I cannot afford to donate the millions that are necessary to get started.

I would–in an effort to raise funds–be willing to purchase my season tickets and premium parking passes in advance right now for the first 3 seasons in the new stadium. If we can get 10,000 premium ticket holders to do the same, it could raise an estimated $9M-$10M.

Of course, that would be money missing in future budget years, however, by the time the stadium is built there will be more season ticket holders to help replace that revenue as well as parking, and concessions.

If the effort meant that construction could begin sooner and completion of the stadium could be in 2009 instead of 2010, that is additional money saved from either renting another stadium, or building a temporary stadium.

Go Owls!!!

Back to the top
Control functions: