Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Ways to Raise Money For The Stadium

Add topic

Another idea might be to have a real "Premium Parking" area. This would entail paying a few hundred bucks for a parking spot with a "curb" that has your name spray-painted on it. Each year you would then need to renew your spot. Just another thought.
Back to the top

faudiehard said

Another idea might be to have a real "Premium Parking" area. This would entail paying a few hundred bucks for a parking spot with a "curb" that has your name spray-painted on it. Each year you would then need to renew your spot. Just another thought.

Given the amount we (students and employees) already pay for parking, a few hundred dollars a year for a dedicated space would be a steal. A lot of commuters would gladly pay that, regardless of football.

Normal assigned spaces (e.g. President, etc.) currently cost $600 a year at FAU:

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

http://www.fau.edu/parking/Decal_Info.php
Back to the top

Lm77 said

faudiehard said

Given the amount we (students and employees) already pay for parking, a few hundred dollars a year for a dedicated space would be a steal. A lot of commuters would gladly pay that, regardless of football.

Normal assigned spaces (e.g. President, etc.) currently cost $600 a year at FAU:

http://www.fau.edu/parking/Decal_Info.php

I have no idea what the costs are for any of these items. I am just throwing out ideas on how to generate some money for our stadium.

I am suggesting however, that these "Premium Named Parking" spots be GAME DAY ONLY! This would NOT be your parking spot at any other time of the week.
Back to the top

Re: Ways to Raise Money For The Stadium

Here is an idea, that we can all be proud of…I guess this would more or less be directed towards Bytor & LM.

Have you guys ever thought of us (Owlcoholics) as an online community doing a donation as a group. The way I see it, instead of all of us randomly sending in small donations here and there, all of us as a group do a fund raiser through this site. If each member would donate into the owlcoholic fund, we as a group (Bytor & LM) can make a donation on behalf of this on line community. The way I see it unfolding is, every person that is associated with this site, can contribute to this fund. You can have a "Amount Contributed Clock" at the top of the page. Whether it is a large donation $1,000.00 plus or a smaller donation $5.00, we can all contribute to this fund. I do believe if every member contributed to this fund, we as a community can hand over a pretty decent donation towards the stadium. In return, we get a slap (rather then a brick) with all of our names on it, whether it be your screen name or real name. You name would be listed in the order of the size of your donation. I also think this type of fund raiser, would cement (no pun intended) this site as the official FAU Fan site. I also feel that with a drive such as this, we as a group would have a lot more power, when making suggestions to the university. After all, none of us as ever had to contribute any thing towards this site, and I think this would be a great opportunity for all of us to show our appreciation and step up to the plate. We have all been "Bitching" about the stadium for years now, now is our time to make a difference. How about it?
Back to the top

faudiehard said

Here is an idea, that we can all be proud of…I guess this would more or less be directed towards Bytor & LM.

Have you guys ever thought of us (Owlcoholics) as an online community doing a donation as a group. The way I see it, instead of all of us randomly sending in small donations here and there, all of us as a group do a fund raiser through this site. If each member would donate into the owlcoholic fund, we as a group (Bytor & LM) can make a donation on behalf of this on line community. The way I see it unfolding is, every person that is associated with this site, can contribute to this fund. You can have a "Amount Contributed Clock" at the top of the page. Whether it is a large donation $1,000.00 plus or a smaller donation $5.00, we can all contribute to this fund. I do believe if every member contributed to this fund, we as a community can hand over a pretty decent donation towards the stadium. In return, we get a slap (rather then a brick) with all of our names on it, whether it be your screen name or real name. You name would be listed in the order of the size of your donation. I also think this type of fund raiser, would cement (no pun intended) this site as the official FAU Fan site. I also feel that with a drive such as this, we as a group would have a lot more power, when making suggestions to the university. After all, none of us as ever had to contribute any thing towards this site, and I think this would be a great opportunity for all of us to show our appreciation and step up to the plate. We have all been "Bitching" about the stadium for years now, now is our time to make a difference. How about it?

That's an excellent idea! We should pool our donations and go for one of the suites :). The problem is parity between donations… how do you handle situations where one person gives $1000 and another gives $1? Another challenge is creating a credible entity to collect the donations.
Back to the top

Lm77 said

faudiehard said

That's an excellent idea! We should pool our donations and go for one of the suites :). The problem is parity between donations… how do you handle situations where one person gives $1000 and another gives $1? Another challenge is creating a credible entity to collect the donations.

Of course, as of right now, I have not 100% thought this out. I did just think of this idea and wanted to present it to the board. With that said, to answer your questions, I see those obstacles you presented like this.

1. As for the donation and what you would get, we can do it like the "Owl Club" is presented. (ex. Die-Hard fan 500 - 1000…Crazy fan 400 - 499…Total fan 250 - 399….ect. ect ect. The plaque or the cement slab would then have us listed under those headings. As for a suite, to be honest, I do not really see that happening. I more or less was envisioning us as a community trying to get to about $20,000.00 (which I think is totally possible). As we all know, not only is a suite 45,000.00, but that is every year. I do think though, if we are able to achieve a nice donation, we as a community would have a rather large voice when it comes to athletics. Granted, the Owl Club does this already, but for a totally independent group or community (Free of any restrictions or ties) to come in an make such a large donation, that cannot be ignored.  Which in turn would also add a lot more members to our community.

2. As for the credible entity, no problem. All we would need is an attorney to handle this ( I personally am friends with more then enough). We set up an escrow account and a bank account.

I am sure that if we all contribute to this idea (both with ideas and financially), we can make a big difference. The one thing I would suggest though, is if everyone is on board, we should move forward with this A.S.A.P. I personally would be willing to donate both my time and money, in order to get this ball rolling.

p.s. If each member donated an average of $50.00, we would generate a check for the stadium in the amount of….$27,700.00 not to shabby.

p.s.s. $50.00 is a pretty cheap amount to have our names forever cemented into the stadium.
Back to the top

I do like the idea and there could be several ways to handle some of the logistics to include a monthly withdrawal to make it easier on some to contribute.

A list of contributors can be posted on the site with a total amount collected.  If the target of $45,000 for a suite is made & reach, we would need to have guideline set in place before the fund drive starts, so that there is no animosity later on.  It could be a cool way for this community to show support and be recognize - after all the funds will be for athletics(football) & the stadium at the fan level and could grow to include all of athletics.

I would be willing to do something with this.
Back to the top

It sounds like a good idea. I am willing to drop some $ in the fund.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Granted I do not know anybody's financial situation, but what I do know is that each and everyone of us probably piss a way money on a weekly basis. For those that would find a 50.00 contribution difficult, I would look at it this way. Pass up maybe 1 weekend of beer drinking and save that money toward this "drive". Yes, you might miss out on 1 good night, but your donation will last forever.

If you where someone that was thinking of buying a brick anyway, well then this is an absolute steal. You are still getting your name set in stone, for half the price. No matter what, this is a win for everyone.
Back to the top

faudiehard said

Granted I do not know anybody's financial situation, but what I do know is that each and everyone of us probably piss a way money on a weekly basis.

i agree…will be making $50 contribution to University Parking thanks to a ticket i got last night…….

Wish that could go to a brick instead :)  Traffic & Parking is SUCH  top heavy beureacratic NIGHTMARE!
Back to the top
Control functions: