Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

#17 UCF @ FAU @ Game Thread - September 7, 2019

Add topic

FAU welcomes Top 25 Foe UCF to Schnellenberger Field

The Matchup: #17 UCF (1-0) vs. FAU (0-1)

When: Saturday, September 7th, 7:00 PM

Where: FAU Stadium

Weather: Current Conditions @ FAU Stadium

The Series: After taking the first meeting 33-29 in 2003, UCF moved to a 2-0 mark with a 56-36 win last season.

UCF Team Site: Here

Game Information

TV: CBSSN

Live Video: None

Radio: 640 The Hurricane

Opening Line: FAU +7.5

Back to the top

FAU opens at +7.5 vs UCF…
Back to the top

Someone was impressed with FAU after the 1st qtr against OSU. I expected a bigger spread.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

The principle behind the spread is to encourage betting on both sides so the house wins no matter what.  A smaller number to start with gets lots of bets for UCF, driving the spread the other way to try and get it up where people then start betting on FAU.

But I also agree - the wise guys are smart, and saw a much better performance by FAU after the first quarter to warrant 7.5 rather than starting in double-digits.  How the spread moves will tell us where the money is going and the final line usually gets pretty darn close to the actual score.  I haven’t looked, but am interested in the over/under after the teams combined for 92 last year. 
Back to the top

What’s the source for that line? I
Back to the top

I may be foolish, but I'm very excited about this game. I was disappointed with the coverage vs osu. But once we got some pressure on the qb , everything changed. Huge week for FAU  football
Back to the top

Line has moved all but one point in seven hours…that should tell you what kind of confidence our team has instilled after Saturday.

We don't just have a shot, we have an opportunity to claim some R-E-S-P-E-C-T.

Back to the top

I'm sitting in a high rise, watching the rain bands move by, a nd just realized tomorrow  is already Tuesday.  Man it's almost time to put my beer on ice for my rail gate. Need to plan menu  for this big game.
Back to the top

Practice Travel likely in store for FAU as they prep for #17 UCF!

Back to the top

Besides from travel, has the team’s practice schedule been disrupted in any other way? Namely, having to take a day or two off?
Back to the top
Control functions: