Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

#17 UCF @ FAU @ Game Thread - September 7, 2019

Add topic

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say that FSU powers said “if you offer FAU to play us you’ll have to find another team to bring their fan base a few hours to Shreveport…we ain’t playing them.”
Back to the top

UF would kill ucf by 30 points. Ucf don’t want no part of nothing. To be a groundbreaking program they have to Schedule the big boys and win one. Only then can a g5 team have a legitimate gripe. By the way ucf is 1-2 in their last 3 games against P5 competition. 
Back to the top

In past 3 years they are 3-2 vs. P5 teams and would likely be 4-2 since they had game vs. weak UNC cancelled last year. For G5 teams that is great considering the $$$ and recruiting disadvantage we all have at this level vs. P5 programs.

Don't know why you hate on UCF so much, I am no UCF fans but to respect what they have done and ALWAYS pull for ANY G5 teams vs. P5 teams! UCF vs. UF would be a good game IMHO and I do not see them being blown away by a sub-par P5 and SEC offense. UF has beaten NOBODY remotely good this year.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

UF has beaten NOBODY remotely good this year.

Posted On: Sep 24th 2019, 7:50 AM #389000

Fair point, but Kentucky did finish in the top 15 last year in the AP poll.  UF also plays the current #3, #4, and #7 teams over the next few weeks so we get a chance to find out who they truly are.

I respect UCF for scheduling Stanford and Pitt (can't help it if a P5 has a down year when you play them).

Over the last 3 and a half seasons, what's UCF's record against conference opponents compared to non-conference opponents?
Back to the top

Kentucky was decent last year but lost starting QB before UF game this year (now 2-0 vs. MAC teams and 0-2 vs. SEC teams this season).

UCF is 22-4 vs. AAC and 12-5 vs. OOC in past 3.5 years. That includes Frost's 1st year after taking over 0-12 O'Leary team.

UCF is 18-0 vs. AAC and 10-2 vs. OOC past 2 1/3 years.
Back to the top

Because they're scared to play a great team, knowing they'd get embarrassed. It was safer to schedule "decent" p5 teams instead of great teams that'll murder them. That is cowardly, and on top of that they claim to be unfairly left out of the playoff. Just ridiculous. That's cowardly. That's what cowards do, run away from a challenge.
Back to the top

Salty........
Back to the top

Rick said

Salty……..
Posted On: Sep 24th 2019, 11:19 AM #389004

Like a $5 pretzel during the radio show on Thursday.

Which reminds me - why aren't more of you cats there every week?
Back to the top

Hoot_N_Holler said

Rick said

Salty……..

Posted On: Sep 24th 2019, 11:28 AM #389005

How has the crowd been this year?

I haven’t been able to go because my son has practice on Thursday nights.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

Hoot_N_Holler said

Rick said

Salty……..

Posted On: Sep 24th 2019, 11:28 AM #389005

How has the crowd been this year?

I haven’t been able to go because my son has practice on Thursday nights.
Posted On: Sep 24th 2019, 12:59 PM #389006

and  I work overnights.
Back to the top
Control functions: