Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

#17 UCF @ FAU @ Game Thread - September 7, 2019

Add topic

dusky256fc said

How has the crowd been this year?

Posted On: Sep 24th 2019, 12:59 PM #389006

Same 12 people every week.

Unfortunately my wife and I won't be able to make it this week due to a school commitment. Somebody's gonna notice. Ha
Back to the top

Hoot_N_Holler said

dusky256fc said

How has the crowd been this year?

Posted On: Sep 24th 2019, 12:59 PM #389006

Same 12 people every week.

Unfortunately my wife and I won't be able to make it this week due to a school commitment. Somebody's gonna notice. Ha
Posted On: Sep 24th 2019, 1:14 PM #389008

I'll notice when they post the pictures and I don't see you.   :Laughing:
Back to the top

I'm guessing seven thousand last weekend. But oh boy was the tragic flow wonderful. And security had multiple baskets to put valuables in. Hahaha. Just a bit late .
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I'm guessing seven thousand last weekend. But oh boy was the tragic flow wonderful. And security had multiple baskets to put valuables in. Hahaha. Just a bit late .
Posted On: Sep 24th 2019, 5:55 PM #389010

Announced attendance was 14,210. Football vs Wagner on 9/21/2019 - Box Score - Florida Atlantic University Athletics

Honestly, I believe the figure. If the figure were a lie, then you would have to imagine they would use the tickets sold figure, which would total well above 14,210. The total from season ticketholders and students alone tops 15k.

I have no expectation anyone would go out of their way to see Wagner play so I am not dissapointed at all by the low attendance figures. Hopefully it gets more crowded for MTSU, Marshall, and fiu. I expect nothing from the USM attendance because of Thanksgiving weekend.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

NCOwl said

I'll notice when they post the pictures and I don't see you.   :Laughing:

Posted On: Sep 24th 2019, 5:07 PM #389009

Busted!  Dang social media.
Back to the top

NJOWL said

Announced attendance was 14,210. Football vs Wagner on 9/21/2019 - Box Score - Florida Atlantic University Athletics

Honestly, I believe the figure. If the figure were a lie, then you would have to imagine they would use the tickets sold figure, which would total well above 14,210. The total from season ticketholders and students alone tops 15k.

Posted On: Sep 24th 2019, 7:24 PM #389011

I'm not saying the announced attendance was a lie - I just don't think everyone was in their seats at the same time.   :Winking:

There were quite a few students in the overflow seats but the main student section wasn't full.  We saw a lot of students about 1.4 miles from the beach after their tailgate was shut down by the police.
Back to the top

Hoot_N_Holler said

NJOWL said

Posted On: Sep 24th 2019, 7:24 PM #389011

I'm not saying the announced attendance was a lie - I just don't think everyone was in their seats at the same time.   :Winking:

There were quite a few students in the overflow seats but the main student section wasn't full.  We saw a lot of students about 1.4 miles from the beach after their tailgate was shut down by the police.
Posted On: Sep 24th 2019, 7:38 PM #389013
I talked about this on the POD how student attendance issues at a lot of places. Games to be the "cool event''
and even at places at Bama and Wisconsin, you see the same complaints about arriving late and leaving early.

Many students are not hardcore college football fans and seeing us play Wagner just is not a big enough "event'' to grab their attention.

Back to the top

I thought the attendance was relatively decent considering the opponent and our 1-2 record at the time. There was a decent amount of people in the stands in the first half of the game before we started to pull away from Wagner.  I think if we keep the streak going and keep beating our conference opponents, attendance will rise.
Back to the top

Even in the 11-3 season I thought the crowds were mediocre at best.  So I don’t think winning alone at FAU is enough based on 2017.

Seems like it is going to take a combination of winning, a “name brand” opponent, and probably a solid visiting crowd (those last 2 seemingly always go hand-in-hand) to have a near full stadium.  UCF brought a ton of people, and Marshall always travels well (they’ll probably bring as many or more fans than FIU).  But it takes a lot of curiosity (Lane’s first game against Navy) or a big-time opponent (UCF a couple of weeks ago) to significantly move the needle in Boca. 

Of course the same can be said at most places that aren’t in the top-25 or considered “blue blood” programs.  Just the way of the world now. 
Back to the top

UCF was the same just about 3 years ago and now look at them. It takes constant winning, not only within the conference, to make the students proud of their football team. I think we dropped the ball big time after the 2017 season. Students will come once they feel proud. Lets run the table in conference this year and the next and we will see a change. Also, if there is a year we could go undefeated I believe it could be next year. Let's hope.
Back to the top
Control functions: