Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2013 FAU Football Preseason Camp

Add topic

Re: 2013 FAU Football Preseason Camp

2013 FAU Football Preseason Camp

Andrew said

TeamBeer said

Are we going to start to get position primers and other articles about the team soon? It feels like 2 days before christmas!

We did position primers in the spring (not that much changes in 3 months). There will however be coverage on the way!

I'm itching to get more news now that we're just a month away. I feel like I'm about to scratch my neck and arms until I get more info like a drug addict.
Back to the top

Back to the top

I do expect to see better result on the field this season, to what extent will depend on what is known … new QB and inexperience OL.  Should be interesting to see how both have an effect on how the offense click, when trying to implement a fast tempo offensive scheme.

Hopefully, if MGIII lives up to all the hype, it will help keep the tempo high and give us something to get excited about on offensive, especially after two rather disappointing seasons.
Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top

I saw some pictures that Athletics put out. Looked like FAU had new practice uni's as well.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Back to the top

Some Day Two notables via FAU…

Florida Atlantic University’s football team took to the field on Sunday morning to the realization that yesterday’s cloud cover was an anomaly and that day two of preseason camp would be a humid one.

The Owls worked through unit drills, 7-on-7 and team at a pace much like the first day. The running backs worked on footwork and ball security unveiling ball covers that are slick forcing the backs to secure the ball while coaches attempted to bat away.

When asked about the improvements of running back Martese Jackson, offensive coordinator Brian Wright gave high praises.

“Martese is working on his consistency,” said Wright. “He is fast and could be a great weapon for us.”

7-on-7 began with a bang as Stephen Curtis hit senior receiver Daniel McKinney. Melvin German followed with back-to-back big plays, first hitting William Dukes with a long pass and a score followed by an outlet pass to Tony Moore who used his legs to find the end zone. Not to be out done, newcomer Jaquez Johnson opened his opportunity with a 20 yard pass to senior wide receiver DeAndre Richardson. As they moved into full team, German connected with senior tight end Nexon Dorvilus for the period’s big play.

The next to last period focused on special teams which gave Head Coach Carl Pelini time to work with the defensive lineman who appear to be much deeper and much stronger. To close out the day McKinney had another big catch and run.

The Owls will be off tomorrow for film observation.
Back to the top
Control functions: