Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2013 FAU Football Schedule

Add topic

Re: 2013 FAU Football Schedule

2013 FAU Football Schedule

Owl_Ranger said

I think the game against Miami should be dubbed "The Schnelly Bowl". Makes sense right?

A lot more sense then the Shula bowl lol

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

Owl_Ranger said

I think the game against Miami should be dubbed "The Schnelly Bowl". Makes sense right?

A lot more sense then the Shula bowl lol

I like the SchnellenBowl better. 
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

Owl2Doc said

walty12 said

Still only 5 home games?  ::)

Yeah, was wondering about that too - when can we get to at least 6 home games?

USMCOWL said

are the three dates on the schedule the only hard dates so far?

Yep.

One of Pat Chun's goals is to get to 6 home games, but I din't think we could actually get there until 2014 due to the future game contracts we have out there.  In 2014, we have games with Nebraska and Alabama and a home game against Wyoming already scheduled.  I would assume the 4th OOC game will be at home.

This year is not bad though…at least we get to play on the road at our first home stadium!  ;D

I don't see why we can't schedule an FCS team between UM and USF. I hate the whole "start your season with 3 straight body bag games" thing. Getting a win that early in the season helps with player confidence.
Back to the top

Owl_Ranger said

I don't see why we can't schedule an FCS team between UM and USF. I hate the whole "start your season with 3 straight body bag games" thing. Getting a win that early in the season helps with player confidence.

Right, and NMSU may be such a team (I really don't know much about them but I assume if we booked a game with a team like that, it's because we feel we have a pretty decent shot at beating them) and that date isn't settled yet. That may be the first game of the season, who knows.
Back to the top

I would not call the first 3 "body bag" games.

Auburn was at its worst last year, we have hung with them before.
USF is definitely a team we can hang with, hell we almost beat them when they were ranked and they are no where near as good now. Miami is a bit stronger but no reason we can't keep it close.

I am not saying we won't start 0-3, but there is no reason we can't steal at least 1 win from the 3.

Owl_Ranger said

Back to the top

This might be the coolest schedule in FAU history ECU will be a fun game to bad there are not staying in C-USA
Back to the top

Owl_Ranger said

fauowls44 said

Owl2Doc said

walty12 said

Still only 5 home games?  ::)

Yeah, was wondering about that too - when can we get to at least 6 home games?

USMCOWL said

are the three dates on the schedule the only hard dates so far?

Yep.

One of Pat Chun's goals is to get to 6 home games, but I din't think we could actually get there until 2014 due to the future game contracts we have out there.  In 2014, we have games with Nebraska and Alabama and a home game against Wyoming already scheduled.  I would assume the 4th OOC game will be at home.

This year is not bad though…at least we get to play on the road at our first home stadium!  ;D

Look at the dates we do not play Auburn till October 26th anyways.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

This might be the coolest schedule in FAU history ECU will be a fun game to bad there are not staying in C-USA

I have been told that is not definate with all the changes going on.  Odds still saying they are leaving for Big East but it is not guaranteed at this point.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

I agree.
I hope these games bring more fans to the stadium.
FIU / Marshall / Tulane / New Mexico / MTSU… all are exciting games to have on campus.
UM / USF…. these 2 can be considered exciting road games close to home. I always wanted FAU to play UM. Also both teams give us exposure.
Auburn…..still an advanced training game, but gives exposure.
S.Miss and ECU…. recognizable brand names and fresh start for FAU in new states.
UAB…. I hope we beat them again

Now, Pelini and his staff need to open that play book. No more conservative plays.

Back to the top

I dont see any reason why we should view USF as a loss….They are down, but then again so are we…if one of our QB's comes in and grasps the O the way Wilbert did and add an element of tuck and run….no reason we shouldnt have a baddass offense

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top
Control functions: