Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2013 FAU Football Schedule

Add topic

2013 FAU Football Schedule

Coldest game in FAU history was against UCONN back in 2001 or 02, it was in the low 30s and we got killed by 50 IIRC.

FAUs record in weather under 60 degrees is terrible, let's hope for a heat wave!
Back to the top

teambeer said

Coldest game in FAU history was against UCONN back in 2001 or 02, it was in the low 30s and we got killed by 50 IIRC.

FAUs record in weather under 60 degrees is terrible, let's hope for a heat wave!
Posted On: Oct 17th 2013, 8:58 PM #319862

1-5 when 50' or lower at kick-off…….

11/06/02 at Drake L 7-31
11/02/02 at Connecticut L 14-61
11/16/02 at Eastern Illinois L 6-47
11/22/08 at Arkansas State L 28-14
11/06/10 at WKU W 17-16
11/03/12 at Navy L 17-24

Low for the 26th in Auburn is forecast to be is 40'.

We won't come near that though.
Back to the top

Wouldn't be surprised that our guys don't know how to handle the cold. 40 degrees has got to be pretty brutal to play football in…

And since we're talking about weather (I don't feel like opening an entire new thread on this) I'm just wondering how many times the south Florida heat has actually worked in our favor… from the sound of it, you'd think it's a home field advantage for us but I can't remember a single game where people were saying, "Wow, the heat is really getting to (our opponent). But we're still running full speed ahead!"

In fact, the only example I can think of is the game at Lockhart when we lost to… Wyoming… and we were cramping up and pulling guys while THEY were drinking Pedialyte and playing full speed ahead. To prepare they had practiced in a heated indoor facility… talk about game planning!

Back to the top

HootinHollerin said

Owlshak said

IF at all possible this is the road trip to go to…Auburn is a great place with friendly people and a great stadium.

Posted On: Oct 17th 2013, 4:09 PM #319858

I have a group of 7 going, and we're expecting more to join. My fraternity, AEPi, is the only IFC organization at FAU that does not have a chapter at Auburn. So when I asked some friends in each organization if they'll be going to Auburn, they all told me that they'll be having at least a few guys take the trip up. So expect each FAU fraternity to be representing at Auburn.

Also, the lows for that weekend are in the 30s. Could this be the coldest FAU Football game in team history?
Posted On: Oct 17th 2013, 6:27 PM #319860

Yikes! In the 30's?  Glad you said something, I had no idea.  Not a big fan of cold weather.  But I will be there as well.
Back to the top

The high that day in Auburn, AL is 65…not exactly the ice bowl.  I think our guys will be fine.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

I'll be there but as the norm will be so hammerd I won't feel anything. 
Including the pain of Pelini's decsion makeing.
Back to the top

FAU's coldest outdoor game probably was against UConn in Storrs, Conn., on Nov. 2, 2002. The game time temperature was 37 degrees. As best I recall, the Owls borrowed cold-weather gear from the Dolphins. Nonetheless, it was a 61-14 pasting by Connecticut. (The Owls fell behind something like 56-0 before getting a couple of mercy TDs. FAU rushed 31 times for a total of 12 yards! That works out to about 13-14 inches per carry. Yikes.) Fortunately, the much-later bowl game at Detroit (where snow was on the ground) was indoors.
Back to the top

Good news is that even if it is "cool" or even COLD in Auburn, ALABAMA, they will not be used to it either! Most of their players are from Bama, Florida and Georgia as well!
Back to the top

walty12 said

The high that day in Auburn, AL is 65…not exactly the ice bowl.  I think our guys will be fine.

Posted On: Oct 18th 2013, 10:32 AM #319876

That would be helpful if it was a noon game, but kickoff is set for 6:30 CT. So the 65 high will be a nonfactor, and the low will not do us any favors.
Back to the top

Here are the Final 2013 Regular Season Results.

Owls close it out with a 4-0 win streak.
Back to the top
Control functions: