Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2017 Boca Bowl Game Thread - Akron @ FAU - Dec 19th @ 7:00 PM

Add topic

David Slavic said

jgf2017 said

Not to get too ahead of ourselves 😀 as we do have to beat Akron, but Auburn is 9 1/2 point favorite over UCF. If we win and UCF loses we have the longest win streak in the country. If we get the win it'll be so fun watching the New Years bowl games. Let's throw a Miami loss and were barely behind those teams in the rankings.
Posted On: Dec 4th 2017, 4:07 PM #374922

I'm hoping that all other Florida schools lose. I want to be the only program in the state that wins it's bowl this year.
Posted On: Dec 4th 2017, 5:06 PM #374927

didn't that happen once?

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

voss749 said

owlcountry40 said

Our leaders in conference and school failed this team.

We deserved better than Akron and I am not buying the bulls*** of be happy because we weren't here last year.

You never know how long this will last.  We should be Akron by 45 and everyone will be underwhelmed.

Our leaders need to know over over and over again they failed and maybe it wont happen again.

Posted On: Dec 4th 2017, 3:24 PM #374918

Ranking 2017-18 college football bowl games by watchability - SBNation.com

They rated us 3.1 out of 5 for watchability. They only rated Independence 1.6 and gasparilla 1.4.

Its not just the people in the stands its also the TV ratings that do make a difference. If

Posted On: Dec 4th 2017, 5:44 PM #374933

Hmmmmm, Gasparilla came in last.

Back to the top

illinoisowl said

David Slavic said

jgf2017 said

Not to get too ahead of ourselves 😀 as we do have to beat Akron, but Auburn is 9 1/2 point favorite over UCF. If we win and UCF loses we have the longest win streak in the country. If we get the win it'll be so fun watching the New Years bowl games. Let's throw a Miami loss and were barely behind those teams in the rankings.

I'm hoping that all other Florida schools lose. I want to be the only program in the state that wins it's bowl this year.

didn't that happen once?
Posted On: Dec 4th 2017, 5:52 PM #374935

Yup FAU the ONLY Florida school to win their Bowl game!!!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

illinoisowl said

David Slavic said

jgf2017 said

didn't that happen once?
Posted On: Dec 4th 2017, 5:52 PM #374935

Yup FAU the ONLY Florida school to win their Bowl game!!!
Posted On: Dec 4th 2017, 6:11 PM #374939

Was that the Motor City bowl?

Back to the top

Nope, 2007 New Orleans Bowl. All other Florida schools lost their bowl games!
Back to the top

I just want to reiterate how important it us for fans to attend this game.  If the stadium is 1/4 full it will really be a message that we just do not care enough about football. I know we are bashing Akron already but they beat us by 2k people for their conference game and it was not even in their own state!

I know we wish we had a better bowl but lets set the standard at this bowl and let everyone know that we are better than this and should be in a better one next year if all goes as planned.
Back to the top

Interesting.  There is not another CUSA team game that has a "watchability" rating higher than we do.

They rated us 3.1 out of 5 for watchability. They only rated Independence 1.6 and gasparilla 1.4.

Its not just the people in the stands its also the TV ratings that do make a difference. If

Back to the top

Didn’t take long and not a surprise. Spread has already been bet up to -22.5
Back to the top

bb said

Interesting.  There is not another CUSA team game that has a "watchability" rating higher than we do.

Posted On: Dec 4th 2017, 7:34 PM #374944

I totally agree, you could have taken the words right out of my mouth…oh wait you did.

Im cool with it.  :Big-Grin:
Back to the top

The games with the largest point spreads both involve Conference USA the Boca Bowl and the Independence Bowl. It’s a shame nobody realized what terrible matchups those games were…
Back to the top
Control functions: