Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2017 Boca Bowl Game Thread - Akron @ FAU - Dec 19th @ 7:00 PM

Add topic

Okay, so I feel like we're all starting to come down from our rage and disappointment, myself included.

That being said, it doesn't help to continuously complain about the situation that we are in. All we can do is make the best of it.

Let's make this the most lopsided bowl game this season.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Jack D Whidden III said

Okay, so I feel like we're all starting to come down from our rage and disappointment, myself included.

That being said, it doesn't help to continuously complain about the situation that we are in. All we can do is make the best of it.

Let's make this the most lopsided bowl game this season.
Posted On: Dec 4th 2017, 9:40 PM #374954

Yeah the dead horse has been beaten and I’ve stepped away from the edge. I just thought it was interesting that we are favored so heavily and that the bowls were set poorly even from an unbiased perspective. I get to see my first FAU bowl game so things could be much worse. 
Back to the top

lol I remember right before Navy not really having high hopes for the season. To be where we are is amazing. Some great facts coming into the Boca Bowl. We haven't trailed in our last 6 home games and for 5 games overall also. Let's make it 7 straight home wins.
Back to the top

OwlPT15 said

The games with the largest point spreads both involve Conference USA the Boca Bowl and the Independence Bowl. It’s a shame nobody realized what terrible matchups those games were…
Posted On: Dec 4th 2017, 9:19 PM #374953

Unless they think lopsided games are better than close ones.
Back to the top

This guy has us winning (looks like he just took the point spread), but has CUSA going 2-7 in their bowls:

Predicting 41 bowl games and College Football Playoff national championship
Back to the top

Sorry, Voss.  Tried to quote, but didn't work.  Thanks for finding that article.
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

GeorgiaOwl said

illinoisowl said

David Slavic said

jgf2017 said

Not to get too ahead of ourselves 😀 as we do have to beat Akron, but Auburn is 9 1/2 point favorite over UCF. If we win and UCF loses we have the longest win streak in the country. If we get the win it'll be so fun watching the New Years bowl games. Let's throw a Miami loss and were barely behind those teams in the rankings.
Posted On: Dec 4th 2017, 4:07 PM #374922

I'm hoping that all other Florida schools lose. I want to be the only program in the state that wins it's bowl this year.
Posted On: Dec 4th 2017, 5:06 PM #374927

didn't that happen once?
Posted On: Dec 4th 2017, 5:52 PM #374935

Yup FAU the ONLY Florida school to win their Bowl game!!!
Posted On: Dec 4th 2017, 6:11 PM #374939

Was that the Motor City bowl?

Posted On: Dec 4th 2017, 6:18 PM #374940

Actually the Motor Singletary Bowl will be at FAU stadium on Dec 19th

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Silver_Bullet32 said

illinoisowl said

GeorgiaOwl said

illinoisowl said

David Slavic said

jgf2017 said

Not to get too ahead of ourselves 😀 as we do have to beat Akron, but Auburn is 9 1/2 point favorite over UCF. If we win and UCF loses we have the longest win streak in the country. If we get the win it'll be so fun watching the New Years bowl games. Let's throw a Miami loss and were barely behind those teams in the rankings.
Posted On: Dec 4th 2017, 4:07 PM #374922

I'm hoping that all other Florida schools lose. I want to be the only program in the state that wins it's bowl this year.
Posted On: Dec 4th 2017, 5:06 PM #374927

didn't that happen once?
Posted On: Dec 4th 2017, 5:52 PM #374935

Yup FAU the ONLY Florida school to win their Bowl game!!!
Posted On: Dec 4th 2017, 6:11 PM #374939

Was that the Motor City bowl?

Posted On: Dec 4th 2017, 6:18 PM #374940

Actually the Motor Singletary Bowl will be at FAU stadium on Dec 19th
Posted On: Dec 5th 2017, 11:03 AM #374969

lol
Back to the top

UCF hired Josh Heupel
Back to the top

hmmm… Akron's gonna come In here with nothing to lose from this game… be careful….

It's Owl Time!
Back to the top
Control functions: