Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2017 C-USA Football Championship Thread - UNT @ FAU - Dec 2nd 12 PM

Add topic

David Slavic said

Hoot_N_Holler said

Thanks for posting!

What is everyone doing for the game?  I know it's an early game, when means an early tailgate, but come on - the conference championship game is in our house!!!

Any way we can join forces, make a good showing, etc?
Posted On: Nov 26th 2017, 10:49 AM #374168
I talked our company into getting the suite for the game, so I'm bringing about 15 coworkers.

Posted On: Nov 27th 2017, 11:23 AM #374246
Me and my normal 208 crew have upgraded to a lodge this game.
Back to the top

From what my ticket guy told me, its been a pretty steady call seeing at tickets are going for.
Back to the top

What are you guys predicting the attendance will be? I am curious to see if a lot of students show up because of finals week approaching and the fact that the tickets aren't free (~5 dollars I think).
Back to the top

15k min with a strong student turn out.
Back to the top

TheREALowlsley said

What are you guys predicting the attendance will be? I am curious to see if a lot of students show up because of finals week approaching and the fact that the tickets aren't free (~5 dollars I think).

Posted On: Nov 27th 2017, 12:52 PM #374260

I heard that 5 dollar charge for students is just a 5 dollar fee they have to pay for getting a "free ticket on ticket master".
Back to the top

If the school was smart, they would cover the $5 charge to ensure maximum attendance from students. I know its not a huge cost to students but it's one less reason for them not to come. Paying upwards of $30k covering that charge seems worth it for an ESPN2 televised championship game and i'm assuming a stadium full of recruits. I wouldn't take any chances. 
Back to the top

sjacks78 said

If the school was smart, they would cover the $5 charge to ensure maximum attendance from students. I know its not a huge cost to students but it's one less reason for them not to come. Paying upwards of $30k covering that charge seems worth it for an ESPN2 televised championship game and i'm assuming a stadium full of recruits. I wouldn't take any chances. 
Posted On: Nov 27th 2017, 2:51 PM #374275

Agreed, free all season but for THE MOST IMPORTANT GAME, ya risk alienating yous LOUDEST SUPPORTERS????

Dumb! Make it free for the students who pay high fees already FAU! And personally, make it free for kids 10 and under - get the BOCA FAMILIES THERE!!!!! FILL THE STADIUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!
Back to the top

If the student isn’t gonna pay 5 bucks they probably weren’t gonna go anyway
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

If the student isn’t gonna pay 5 bucks they probably weren’t gonna go anyway
Posted On: Nov 27th 2017, 2:58 PM #374278

That's the kind of student that drinks too much beforehand, gets in a fight with their significant other, and then demands their big to accompany him or her in an Uber ride back to their place right when kickoff happens.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

For those keeping track, the Owls opened at -9.5 and are now -11.

The first contest was -3.5.
Back to the top
Control functions: