Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2017 C-USA Football Championship Thread - UNT @ FAU - Dec 2nd 12 PM

Add topic

d-owl said

Hoot_N_Holler said

Owl2Doc said

d-owl said

Where is Buddy?
Posted On: Dec 2nd 2017, 1:12 PM #374531

Good question. Is he hurt? We used to do 1-2 punch with Motor and Buddy. Super effective.
Posted On: Dec 2nd 2017, 1:20 PM #374534

Impossible to have the 2 running back team when you run the hurry up, no substitution offense.

While a great concept, it also limits the home team.
Posted On: Dec 2nd 2017, 5:25 PM #374586

Yeah, but 2 other RBs played, one who barely got snaps all season. Something had to have happened for a senior like Buddy not to have got one snap.
Posted On: Dec 2nd 2017, 6:37 PM #374593

Pretty sure he's been battling an injury for a while now.
Back to the top

I was looking at past threads and posts. FAU was supposed to finish 5th in the CUSA East. UNT wasn't supposed to do much better. The only one they got right was Charlotte.

FAU Tabbed 5th in 2017 C-USA Football Media Poll - FAU Owl's Nest

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

I was looking at past threads and posts. FAU was supposed to finish 5th in the CUSA East. UNT wasn't supposed to do much better. The only one they got right was Charlotte.

FAU Tabbed 5th in 2017 C-USA Football Media Poll - FAU Owl's Nest

Posted On: Dec 2nd 2017, 6:52 PM #374595

You mean presseason polls don't mean crap? :lol:
Back to the top

"Injuries are starting to mount for FAU. Running back Buddy Howell didn’t play because of an ankle injury. For the second consecutive week a concussion kept wide receiver DeAndre McNeal out of action. And tight end Harrison Bryant missed his second-consecutive game with an ankle injury." Note; quote borrowed from another source but…

THIS is the biggest difference in these Owls and past seasons, DEPTH. And we do have Coach Partidge and Coach K and staffs to thank for this!!!

Can yo imagine losses like these in past years? yesterday, those 3 did not play and the Owls STILL DOMINATED NT!!!!!

As for next year, our biggest losses on O will be three (3) on the starting OL (Fernandez, Woods and Smith) along with Woods and Franklin III at WR. But we have so much depth on the OL. Backups include  Beck, Biancardi, Murphy, Etienne, Beck, Thomas, Tuihalamaka, Breshears, Williams, Kendall and Hawkins! ELEVEN QUALITY BACKUPS RETURNING! Let's hope our OL Coach Justice does as well - he is great!!!!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

"Injuries are starting to mount for FAU. Running back Buddy Howell didn’t play because of an ankle injury. For the second consecutive week a concussion kept wide receiver DeAndre McNeal out of action. And tight end Harrison Bryant missed his second-consecutive game with an ankle injury." Note; quote borrowed from another source but…

THIS is the biggest difference in these Owls and past seasons, DEPTH. And we do have Coach Partidge and Coach K and staffs to thank for this!!!

Can yo imagine losses like these in past years? yesterday, those 3 did not play and the Owls STILL DOMINATED NT!!!!!

As for next year, our biggest losses on O will be three (3) on the starting OL (Fernandez, Woods and Smith) along with Woods and Franklin III at WR. But we have so much depth on the OL. Backups include  Beck, Biancardi, Murphy, Etienne, Beck, Thomas, Tuihalamaka, Breshears, Williams, Kendall and Hawkins! ELEVEN QUALITY BACKUPS RETURNING! Let's hope our OL Coach Justice does as well - he is great!!!!
Posted On: Dec 3rd 2017, 11:24 AM #374666

what is good to know is that we have some time for some of our players to spend the next couple weeks to get healthy and give some younger guys some looks in a couple of the practices leading up to the team getting ready for the bowl.
Back to the top

What is it, 15 extra practices allowed for Bowl teams???
Back to the top

15 is the number, but…. considering we just played yesterday, and bowl season starts on 12/16, i am not sure how those teams get 15 practices in with only 13 days (and that would assume they practiced TODAY) from now until 12/15.  I am hopeful we are playing in a bowl no earlier than 12/19 (I hope it is even later), but that would still mean teams playing those early bowls basically take no time off from now until they play.
Back to the top

owlsdad said

15 is the number, but…. considering we just played yesterday, and bowl season starts on 12/16, i am not sure how those teams get 15 practices in with only 13 days (and that would assume they practiced TODAY) from now until 12/15.  I am hopeful we are playing in a bowl no earlier than 12/19 (I hope it is even later), but that would still mean teams playing those early bowls basically take no time off from now until they play.
Posted On: Dec 3rd 2017, 12:02 PM #374677

Kinda thought the very same thing. HOW do the early boewl games teams get their allotted (allowed) practices in - 2 a days???? :Laughing:
Back to the top
Control functions: