Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2017 C-USA Football Championship Thread - UNT @ FAU - Dec 2nd 12 PM

Add topic

TheREALowlsley said

What are you guys predicting the attendance will be? I am curious to see if a lot of students show up because of finals week approaching and the fact that the tickets aren't free (~5 dollars I think).
Posted On: Nov 27th 2017, 12:52 PM #374260

Almost all the alumni I know have bought tickets, and a lot of people that went to other schools (UCF in particular) are wanting to see FAU this weekend (although I think it's mostly because they want to talk crap about how amazing UCF is, and has always been).
Back to the top

FWIW - I called yesterday morning and had to leave a voicemail with the ticket office.  They didn't call me back until the end of the day, and told me it had been crazy early last week and was even crazier yesterday.  I know that is coming from the ticket office and is not always the best indicator (if anybody would, they would over-estimate the crowd), but it would seem we will have a good crowd.  I am hoping for FIU-like numbers, but given the noon kick and the cost for students (although $5 really should be that big a deterrent) that is probably stretching it.
Back to the top

This is coming from Coach Kiffien in the article and he is right. Plenty of National Media attention but a lackluster effort from the local guys. its at the end of the article. Florida Atlantic coach Lane Kiffin still upset about poor second half against Charlotte - Sun Sentinel
Back to the top

Question for the previous ticket holders that endured early kickoff games.

With a noon kick off game, is it worth paying extra $ to sit in sections 101-109 / 201-209 for "Shade" purposes? (And I'm not talking about hiding by the bar)
Back to the top

Island_Owl88 said

With a noon kick off game, is it worth paying extra $ to sit in sections 101-109 / 201-209 for "Shade" purposes? (And I'm not talking about hiding by the bar)
Posted On: Nov 28th 2017, 12:14 PM #374318

My suggestion is to buy the tickets you want to access the Hyundai Deck then go up and sit in the red seats until the sun moves lower.  Shade hits the top of the 100 level around 3:30.  It’s only going to be a high of 80 so it’s not a big deal for me, September is a different deal.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Island_Owl88 said

Posted On: Nov 28th 2017, 12:14 PM #374318

Shouldn't be deathly hot like Sept, but there is relief with the Hyundai deck of course….high tops are in the sun too though….

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

TheREALowlsley said

What are you guys predicting the attendance will be? I am curious to see if a lot of students show up because of finals week approaching and the fact that the tickets aren't free (~5 dollars I think).
Posted On: Nov 27th 2017, 12:52 PM #374260

Not many seats available on seatgeek or stubhub….nothing on the home side….I wouldn't be surprised to see a strong 20-25K showing….Only game in town…. Canes playing at night….

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Saw this on Stubhub…..not much left…..

-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Keep in mind they only get what they are allowed to sell…so it isn't a true representative of what is actually available…
Back to the top

Ticketmaster is similarly bare.....Only FAU ticket office selling tickets?....

-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top
Control functions: