Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2017 C-USA Football Championship Thread - UNT @ FAU - Dec 2nd 12 PM

Add topic

dusky256fc said

Rick said

owlcountry40 said

That stinks.
Posted On: Nov 28th 2017, 4:09 PM #374333
It's also not accurate…

The only thing FAU would get back is expenses, that C-USA would reimburse for.

It is their event, they own the gate - IF any money is made - and they own any profits made.

There is no "split".

Posted On: Nov 28th 2017, 4:42 PM #374337
I think the "split" is the fact that FAU gets reimbursed for their expenses, that's more than the "profit" most likely that CUSA gets.
Posted On: Nov 28th 2017, 5:22 PM #374340
So we get reimbursed for the expenses and keep gate money, parking beer sales etc?
Back to the top

Back to the top

I was on ticketmaster and I was not too impressed it looked about 12-13k sold but I hope those numbers will go higher before the end of the week.I am not impressed about how our sales team has been this year, I think there is a lack of effort or leadership that is causing us to not really have an increase in attendance.  I am curious to why I haven't seen any commercials or local activities promoting this event.  I understand we have had a tradition of bad seasons but it is crucial to at least call the season ticket holders (us!) if we were interested in buying tickets for the game we had to call them! I hope things will be a little different next year.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

dusky256fc said

Rick said

owlcountry40 said

That stinks.
Posted On: Nov 28th 2017, 4:09 PM #374333
It's also not accurate…

The only thing FAU would get back is expenses, that C-USA would reimburse for.

It is their event, they own the gate - IF any money is made - and they own any profits made.

There is no "split".

Posted On: Nov 28th 2017, 4:42 PM #374337
I think the "split" is the fact that FAU gets reimbursed for their expenses, that's more than the "profit" most likely that CUSA gets.
Posted On: Nov 28th 2017, 5:22 PM #374340
So we get reimbursed for the expenses and keep gate money, parking beer sales etc?
Posted On: Nov 28th 2017, 7:13 PM #374344

I am no expert but what I saw in the past says CUSA basically owns the game, gates, parking etc. but the host school gets reimbursed for all expenses.  FAU doesn’t make any money on the game but it doesn’t cost us anything either.  I would guess once all expenses are paid the only money that means anything is the tv money which goes to CUSA.  Is that how you see it Rick?

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

TheREALowlsley said

I was on ticketmaster and I was not too impressed it looked about 12-13k sold but I hope those numbers will go higher before the end of the week.I am not impressed about how our sales team has been this year, I think there is a lack of effort or leadership that is causing us to not really have an increase in attendance.  I am curious to why I haven't seen any commercials or local activities promoting this event.  I understand we have had a tradition of bad seasons but it is crucial to at least call the season ticket holders (us!) if we were interested in buying tickets for the game we had to call them! I hope things will be a little different next year.
Posted On: Nov 28th 2017, 7:19 PM #374347

There is no selling in our ticket office, they are order takers…period.

There has been NO marketing for this game other than the usual morning tweet and Facebook page crap, embarrassing.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Yeah I am definitely disappointed with the promoting of this game. They ever had a full two weeks to do it. I really hope they do more dynamic marketing next year especially if Lane is still here, and the hype that will come with it. 
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Welcome to our new P.C. World. Everybody needs to worry about their jobs or getting sued. I miss the old days where under age drinking and groping was not frowned upon.
Posted On: Nov 28th 2017, 4:25 PM #374334

Harvey, is that you?
Back to the top

TheREALowlsley said

Posted On: Nov 28th 2017, 7:19 PM #374347

Ok while I do agree I don’t get why every season ticket isn’t called this week is not good.

I do have to disagree with this idea that you guys always throw around as marketing and lack of leadership.
First the ticket team isn’t even run by FAU it’s contracted by a group called aspire, so kinda tossses the lack of leadership.

Things like commercials, builboards buswraps are the biggest waste of money ever. Also th commercials have to be produced, approved and networks have to run them for a certain period. 
I see tons of promotion through social media which is way cheaper and in 2017 works way better. 
The school rented a mall train to go around campus to get students which blew up and think that coast maybe 500 bucks, but no one seems to point that out as marketing. Events around town? The do a radio show with a giant owl and the head coach on federal highway I mean do you want them to stand on intersections and knock on windows?
In the end most everyone who has been to a game this year know about the game this week and it’s thier choice to buy.
College football teams are struggling all throughout the land.
Every week I see empty seats unless it’s premier matchup.

I have said on the podcast is the best marketing we have you telling your friends and bringing them along.

Back to the top

Rick said

Posted On: Nov 28th 2017, 7:19 PM #374346

Ok explain.
Back to the top

Not sure I needed a phone call to buy tickets for this game.  I called myself the Monday after the FIU game.  if you are a long time ticketholder you are excited enough to call and get the details and take action.

Disagree with the ticketing company.  Yes its outsourced.  But the average guy has no idea they aren't FAU athletic employees.  The business cards, emails, phone numbers and locations all suggest that they work FOR FAU and not an independent company.  For the most part they are the ONLY contact between a fan/customer and the university.  I will say this again they have failed miserably this season and I blame Chun.  He hired his assistants and staff and they couldn't figure out a way to work with the ticket guys to capitalize on a very successful football season in the stands.  Any failure in the department falls on the top guy.  Some of the problem falls on Kelly because Chun works for him, that's why we can hope for a change.

I agree about the bus wraps  and billboards it only gets your current students and alumni excited but they don't create general community action to justify cost.  The mall train was a great idea with one fatal flaw!   NO FAU SIGNAGE ON IT!!  Got Lanes head which was great, but a picture of that was on the home page of ESPN and not one FAU sign!!!   Missed opportunity from an otherwise brilliant idea.

The athletic department has serious problems which I hope Dr. Kelly has plans to correct in the near future.
Back to the top
Control functions: