Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2018 FAU Football Schedule

Add topic

Conference USA added more TV games today
Sept.8 Air Force at FAU 2pm CBSSN
Oct.20 FAU at Marsall 2:30pm CBSSN

also some kickoff times announced
Sept.21 at UCF 7pm
Sept.29 at MTSU 7pm
Nov.3 at FIU 7:30pm
Back to the top

http://conferenceusa.com/news/2018/6/7/football-fb-c-usa-announces-broadcast-schedule.aspx

They list the Air Force game as being 2pm but they already have Army game at Noon and Navy game at 3:30pm on CBSSN so they may have made a mistake on their press release
Back to the top

Why does FIU always have to start their games later than everyone else - THERE IS NO ONE THERE.

Give it a rest…It just makes for such a long night - ridiculous.
Back to the top

Probably won't use my tickets that game, I just can't take a game in the hottest part of the day.
Back to the top

Back to the top

Local Owl said

I suspect the most difficult C-USA game will be Marshall

Posted On: Jun 3rd 2018, 5:53 PM #378648
It may not come as a surprise but… Marshall announced that the FAU game is their Homecoming game.

I thought FIU would do their Homecoming around the Shula Bowl as well but FIU Homecoming is Oct 6-13th and our game there is November 3rd.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

Local Owl said

It may not come as a surprise but… Marshall announced that the FAU game is their Homecoming game.

I thought FIU would do their Homecoming around the Shula Bowl as well but FIU Homecoming is Oct 6-13th and our game there is November 3rd.
Posted On: Jul 10th 2018, 9:17 AM #379049

Good.  I remember WKU ruining our homecoming a few years back 52-3.  

Its good and time for us to ruin some homecomings.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

Local Owl said

Posted On: Jul 10th 2018, 9:17 AM #379049

WELL, GOOD FOR THEM - USUALLY TEAMS PICK AN EASY WIN SO THEY CAN CELEBRATE!
Back to the top

With schedules being the way they are now, and with conferences dictating who plays each other when, it seems pretty hard to shoehorn a "patsy" in for Homecoming in the middle of the season.  It would seem to me that most schools just pick a weekend that they want for Homecoming with little thought of who the opponent is because they simply don't have enough control of 80% of their schedules.  Otherwise most schools would be having their homecomings in the first couple of weeks during the OOC games.
Back to the top

Now THIS is interesting reading;

cores.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24061875/air-forc
e-falcons-coach-troy-calhoun-unsure-name-defensive-coordinato
r

WOW, so AF has had NO D Coord since Jan., meaning through recruiting, spring practice and still none!

AF D = VERY small DL (only 10 sacks TOTAL last year AS A TEAM, only 4 sacks returning!) and a 5'9" and 5'10" pair of corners and NO D leadership playing vs. Coach K O in 2nd game of season on the road.

Take the Over guys!
Back to the top
Control functions: