Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2018 OPENER - GAME THREAD: #30 FAU @ #7 Oklahoma - September 1, 2018

Add topic

GAME THREAD: #30 FAU @ #7 Oklahoma - September 1, 2018

The Matchup: FAU (0-0) vs. Oklahoma (0-0)

When: Saturday, September 1st, 12:00 PM

Where: Gaylord Family – Oklahoma Memorial Stadium

Weather: Current conditions in Norman, OK

The Series: First meeting between the two teams.

Oklahoma Team Site: Here

Game Information

TV: Fox Sports (FOX)

Live Video: None

Radio: ESPN 106.3

Stats: Here

Opening Line: FAU +20.5

Back to the top

One small edit Rick, the game is on Fox. Just regular ole, national network, Fox. 

If I’m not mistaken, this is the first time FAU has played on major network tv (abc cbs nbc Fox)
Back to the top

Fox is a brand name used by a number of different television channels throughout the world, all owned or licensed by 21st Century Fox.

The web address is FoxSports, but fair enough…I added a parenthetical disclaimer.

:cool:
Back to the top

Is anyone going to ask about being #30??

:Big-Grin:
Back to the top

Quote to note from today:

“We are all coming together. You are starting to see it now. We are all doing everything we have to do to be successful. We are taking everything step-by-step.”

• WR Jovon Durante
Back to the top

I have no clue how our defense will do against Oklahoma's offense, although we obviously should be good on D this year. But for the life of me, I don't understand how anyone in the media, oddsmakers, etc. don't see that we're going to score like crazy on their D. So who knows what's going to happen but I'd be shocked if OU stopped our Offense.
Back to the top

probably going to have a good idea how this one will go after the first 5 mins....if we can establish Motor and make the QB keeper a real threat, I think this game can stay close....

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

I know this has nothing to do with predictions (and makes no difference), but does anybody know what uniforms the Owls will be sporting on Saturday?  There are several options and combos to choose from, but I typically like the look of all the same color (whatever color they want to choose).  I have seen plenty of OU football over the years, but don't know if they are a "white at home" team or not???

For a game with national exposure, it seems petty but it will be good for FAU to look "sharp" both in their play and in how they look.
Back to the top

White tops for sure…i'm checking on the helmets and pants.
Back to the top

Back to the top
Control functions: