Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2018 OPENER - GAME THREAD: #30 FAU @ #7 Oklahoma - September 1, 2018

Add topic

Here is one thing I noticed that is an improvement over last season. Diaz has made every snap perfect. No rollers. No leaping grabs. Perfect.
Back to the top

David Slavic said

Pad the stats. He deserves it 

I agree to a certain extent.  Now that he has a TD, I would target trying to get him 100 yards, maybe even a 2nd TD, and then get him out.  The important games are in front of the team, and he is probably set to exceed those stats in the bulk of the games left on the schedule.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Here is one thing I noticed that is an improvement over last season. Diaz has made every snap perfect. No rollers. No leaping grabs. Perfect.
Posted On: Sep 1st 2018, 2:41 PM #379984
Besides the blocked punt, no turnovers I don't believe. For the 4th, just have to ask to get some momentum for the next game, maybe score twice if you can. My main concern after a game like this is the morale of the team because they aren't used to this.

With that said, I am not sure why we haven't seen the other QBs in a game like this. Only thing I can think of is Kiffin is making a strong statement that CR is the guy and he is going to ride with him. I wonder how a guy like DJ is taking this – for him to go through so much to get back and can't get into a game like this says something to me.

Edit: Peavey in, and that Peavey pass was embarrassing.
Back to the top

End of the third quarter.

OU will punt from their own 30 yard line. Dante Cousart receives the punt on FAU's own 33 yard line, and is taken down soon after.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Peavery is in, there you have it…

Throws it right to an OU defender on his third attempt.

#FAU

Back to the top

Haven’t visited this page in a long time. Great days ahead this season. Sooners are the superior team but we have a lot to look forward to. Go owls!
Back to the top

Rafe Peavy comes in to replace Robison. After a nice pass to Willie Wright, he leads a receiver way too far, and into the hands of an Oklahoma safety.

Sooners ball on their 42 yard line.

Back to the top

If Kiffin wasn’t our coach I’d say we’re in for a long season. But he’ll let these young men feel the burn from this disaster and get things turned around in time for AF.

Plus OU is obviously a very good team.
Back to the top

Ok now that was just plain awful.
Back to the top

Look, another Oklahoma TD.

Back to the top
Control functions: