Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2018 OPENER - GAME THREAD: #30 FAU @ #7 Oklahoma - September 1, 2018

Add topic

Rick said

Thankfully Riley is not Kiffin and took a knee at the end. Otherwise we post the worst loss in program history.
Posted On: Sep 1st 2018, 3:23 PM #380002

I would have been okay with them running the score up.  If you don’t like it, stop them!
Back to the top

Maybe Johnson came in too late. Maybe, maybe. I'm too angry and too drunk to…sports. Lane knows more than I ever will (and I don't know who said, Chris Kiffin, maybe he'll be back after the recruiting ban?) The season isn't over, he told us so. I thought we'd make the spread. The remainder matters more. UCF, Marshall, maybe UAB? A bowl, the conference, FIU; that's the win.
Back to the top

The OU players were heads over heals better athletes than FAU players. They were stronger, faster and more athletic. I think Jared Allen was the last FAU QB that could throw consistently down field. None of those 3 FAU QBs looked good passing.  

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Rick said

d-owl said

Try not to give up 70, please? Moral victory of sorts?
Posted On: Sep 1st 2018, 3:18 PM #379999

Thankfully Riley is not Kiffin and took a knee at the end. Otherwise we post the worst loss in program history.
Posted On: Sep 1st 2018, 3:23 PM #380002

Or when he pulled Murray in the second quarter?

Or they stopped rushing the punter after the TD?

Riley was all class today. This one easily could have gone over 100 if they wanted to.
Back to the top

Passing, no. Running, g*d damn it, no. Sht. Still. There are 11 regular season games remaining. Lane says, "Yada, yada, yada." OK. Let's, "Yada, yada, yada!" I'll need to comb-over the numbers but all was not lost. At Buffalo, I said, "Ah, it's going to be another one of those seasons…". But it wasn't.  Bowl, beat FIU, run for the conference (but, seriously, beat FIU).
Back to the top

It did go through? That was a defeat I didn't need today.
Back to the top

Just posted the post game presser, Kiffin basically said Robison was nervous…

No way!

Like I said before - brass ball decision to put the kid out there in front of 84k+ on the home field of the team that dismissed him…

Back to the top

Rick said

No way!

Like I said before - brass ball decision to put the kid out there in front of 84k+ on the home field of the team that dismissed him…

Posted On: Sep 1st 2018, 5:52 PM #380016

Robison pretty much seemed like a Parr clone today. I get being nervous and overthrowing, but I thought he would be more of a dual threat. Could do nothing on the ground and overthrew way too much for my liking.
Back to the top

Rick said

No way!

Posted On: Sep 1st 2018, 5:52 PM #380016

Yeah, I remember a kid named Rusty Smith who had a rough outing in his first game on the big stage at Clemson and he turned out ok! Owls Up. Have a good showing against Air Force and the ship is righted.
Back to the top

How low budget was it for the AA to send out a text saying we won.  I didn’t click it, but I bet the link sent you to a donations page
Back to the top
Control functions: