Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2018 OPENER - GAME THREAD: #30 FAU @ #7 Oklahoma - September 1, 2018

Add topic

Yeah, safe to say our special teams kicking game is a SIGNIFICANT downgrade from last year...they guy who is supposed to be a place punter has kicked a 25 yard punt (20 yards short), and had one blocked when he should have taken the knee at worst.
Back to the top

Oooof. FAU goes three-and-out, and sees their punt blocked. OU falls on the ball in the endzone, doubling their lead.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

d-owl said

This has all the makings of a "body bag" game.

I'd honestly bring in DJ the next drive.
Posted On: Sep 1st 2018, 12:27 PM #379890

Pretty limited plays to see so far, but it seems us trying to get to the outside (either jet sweeps or quick passes) has been better than run it up the middle then throw a bomb.  So I would agree that DJ should be getting a shot sometime relatively soon.  I'd like to see him out on the edge with a chance to pitch it to Motor or throw it to an intermediate route.
Back to the top

Our special teams look like they will indeed be "special" this year.
Back to the top

Bring in Johnson the next drive.
Back to the top

Three series. I hate hate hate the play calling.. And it isn't from the lack of success. Not Chris' fault.  Where are the Tight Ends. Spread it a little. Maybe next series.
Back to the top

The Owls flirted with the idea of going for it on 4th & 3 deep in their own territory, but FAU elects to punt instead.

Don't worry, the punt actually got off this time.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

We look worse than when we played Wisconsin.
Back to the top

My prediction to "cover" is pretty much shattered. Only way to keep this respectable was to match them score for score because we all figured the D wouldn't be able to contain a team like this. Not going to happen.

This is like de a vu "body bag" style pre Kiffin era.
Back to the top

Anyone missing Chris Kiffin yet?

Back to the top
Control functions: