Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2018 OPENER - GAME THREAD: #30 FAU @ #7 Oklahoma - September 1, 2018

Add topic

OMG, an I glad I saved  $1500. We need to give Johnson a chance . Just to see.
Back to the top

The quarter ends with another Robison overthrow. He had Bryant open for an easy first down, but he led the TE to ofar.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

My main concern at this point is hoping the team doesn't get totally demoralized by experiencing a traditional "body bag" game. I'm sure the staff instilled in them that this game won't necessarily be a good reflection of the season. With that said, from what I'm seeing, I'm not sure we can  match up that great with UCF honestly.

Johnson has to come in next drive. No reason not to. We aren't going to move the ball with Robison in this game, seems clear. Need more of a dual threat.
Back to the top

d-owl said

The narrative after this game will be we are overrated for C USA and maybe teams will sleep on us a bit. Only positive spin I give this showing so far.
Posted On: Sep 1st 2018, 12:41 PM #379904

Regardless of the score, this is some pretty great publicity for the school.  Now if the team could find someway to keep this from "body bag" status the free 3 hour commercial will still be worth it.
Back to the top

owlsdad said

d-owl said

The narrative after this game will be we are overrated for C USA and maybe teams will sleep on us a bit. Only positive spin I give this showing so far.
Posted On: Sep 1st 2018, 12:41 PM #379904

Regardless of the score, this is some pretty great publicity for the school.  Now if the team could find someway to keep this from "body bag" status the free 3 hour commercial will still be worth it.
Posted On: Sep 1st 2018, 12:58 PM #379916

I think the "body bag" is already in the bag – and this could actually hurt national perceptions.
Back to the top

Welp, looks like we’re going to be able keep Lane for another year lol. 
Back to the top

Another poor throw on third down results in another FAU punt.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

I'll be honest, and I've experienced a lot of them – this may end up being the worst beating in FAU history. And that says a lot.
Back to the top

Our D is our strength ???
Back to the top

Well, in addition to the other successful run plays we've seen OU execute, there's a sneak peek at the option…

Any takers for odds on Air Force next weekend putting up 300+ on the ground?

Back to the top
Control functions: