Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2018 OPENER - GAME THREAD: #30 FAU @ #7 Oklahoma - September 1, 2018

Add topic

Local Owl said

Our D is our strength ???
Posted On: Sep 1st 2018, 1:02 PM #379921

Think against C USA they will be fine. But this game will not help their confidence going forward. The staff is going to need to ensure they don't slip because of this game.
Back to the top

Disagree with that concept..If we end up embarrassed on national TV with a lopsided score, I don't see how that's good publicity for the school.

It's not enough to just be on the field. You have to keep it close to get respect. Otherwise we would be just as forgettable as any game against, say, an FCS school.
Back to the top

What’s really embarrassing is how cocky we got after last season, thinking that we’re the hottest team in the country, and an elite program. We look like a high school team playing the Patriots.

Hopefully it’s a good wake-up call for the players not to get comfortable. 
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

Disagree with that concept..If we end up embarrassed on national TV with a lopsided score, I don't see how that's good publicity for the school.

It's not enough to just be on the field. You have to keep it close to get respect. Otherwise we would be just as forgettable as any game against, say, an FCS school.
Posted On: Sep 1st 2018, 1:04 PM #379924

Agreed. This is an epic waste of an opportunity. 
Back to the top

Did the team do any tackling drills during practice? 

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

I'll be honest, I really don't understand why Robison is still behind center.

As far as publicity, most of America that tuned in has already turned this game off and likely have the perception that FAU might as well be an FCS school.
Back to the top

DJ please.
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

Did the team do any tackling drills during practice? 
Posted On: Sep 1st 2018, 1:07 PM #379927

Not until the very end…

Why, can you tell?
Back to the top

Oh look, another FAU three-and-out.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

My out of state family  is texting me , wondering why I've been so high on this team. The biggest comment, what's up with their tackling? I'm ok getting shut out. But the number of points we've given up is rediculous.
Back to the top
Control functions: