Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2019 SEASON OPENER THREAD: FAU @ #5 Ohio State - August 31st

Add topic

Ok. Throw out the first 12 minutes , we kicked butt. Kicking game…..dance all you want.  Robison…looked mature. Te"s will be great. Wr's. ….will be fine.OL….looked like they got better as the game progresses. Defense….adjusted tremendously.  Leroy looks like a killer and I hope he is fine. Over all feel good other than bj. Represented fau  nice. Nice coaching job. Hc,  oc, and dc.
Back to the top

LawOwl said

Besides Emmons, no other significant injuries to report correct?
Posted On: Aug 31st 2019, 4:23 PM #387982

None, Leroy is "fine"…

Back to the top

The guys put together 3 solid quarters. I didn’t think we would have much to take from this game but I’m pleased with all the stuff you guys have mentioned. Robison looked like he was in control and was taking what the defense gave him. Hopefully this storm leaves us alone and we see the guys put 4 good quarters together next week. 

Back to the top

Probably as happy as you could be considering a 21-point loss.  My daughter and I were literally yelling and cheering as the guys scored those last 2 times.  I am sure there will be talk about Ohio State taking their foot off the gas, but last I saw they still had their starters in until the very last drive (and were still inexplicably trying to throw the ball - they are lucky Fields didn't get hurt on that last corner blitz).

What is important are CUSA games - and I think looking past the first quarter today the Owls showed they have the talent and have grown to be a very dangerous team.  And check the posts - it didn't play out like I predicted, but I think a few of us correctly picked the exact score at 45-21 :-)
Back to the top

i didnt get to catch much of the game today because of the obvious stuff going on with that "Storm" out there, but from what I did it looked good. 1st quarter is the different but alot could be attributed that to nerves emtions, and just going up against one of the best team in the country, but you can see a difference in the way the team played.

1.) Defense didnt quit. despite allowing big plays in the first quarter, they tigten up and made stops and forced a turn over from what I saw, though there may be more. Expecting them to build on this.

2.) Offense under Robinson minus their performance at the start performed better. I will echo the statements of everyone previously. More mature Robinson could pay dividens for us. Feel so sorry for Emmons. I was hoping to see him play, and hopefully we can get him a medical redshirt.

3.) Special teams is a vast improvement over last year. Rivas making those field goals and extra points were huge for us. last year when he came in it was a 50-50 crap shoot with him. Punting game if our punter can do the same thing next week as he did this week by flipping the field, it will pay dividens for us.

There are things to work for next weeks game is obvivous but there is a lot to build on from today's game. So trust the process and trust the staff and lets get ready for the Knigths of UCF. GO OWLS!
Back to the top

just went through the up and down reading this thread....i went through it during the game.....I almost forgot how bad it was at the start....that second half gave me hope that UCF will be in for one hell of a game next week....

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

I'm ready  for UCF.  C.R  looks like the qb we thought he was.
Back to the top

Leroy is my new favorite player. Hope he is ok.
Back to the top
Control functions: