Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Buffalo @ FAU Game Thread - September 19, 2015

Add topic

walty12 said

What??  I hope you're not referring to Turner??  I think he is 5-100 since taking over at FIU.  Tulsa has a lot of NFL talent on thier offense…a lot.

And the PJ Fleck is a god garbage on this board…where's that ignorant argument?  That go by the wayside when they got HAMMERED by 35 points vs. Georgia Southern last weekend????

The spread offense is the worst thing that ever happened to football.  It let teams compete with others that never should have been able to and let coaches that aren't great look like they were.

We hired a first time HC…there is no doubt at this point the guy has done EVERYTHING but win.  There is a learning curve.  CP's game is to recruit talent and win that way…that takes time.

Worst case scenario, he finishes his 3 seasons that he shoudl be given and never learns how to be a HC and doesn't hire the proper coordinators.  However, whomever we hire after that will walk into a program with a ton of talented athletes.

Best case, CP learns from his mistakes…learns how to coach as his athletes develop into talented juniors and seniors…and we are off to the races.

Either way, I'll be at the games supporting our program.  Go Owls.

Posted On: Sep 22nd 2015, 10:36 AM #349441

Amen couldnt say it any better!

Back to the top

Agree . Well said Walty.
Back to the top

walty12 said

What??  I hope you're not referring to Turner??  I think he is 5-100 since taking over at FIU.  Tulsa has a lot of NFL talent on thier offense…a lot.

And the PJ Fleck is a god garbage on this board…where's that ignorant argument?  That go by the wayside when they got HAMMERED by 35 points vs. Georgia Southern last weekend????

The spread offense is the worst thing that ever happened to football.  It let teams compete with others that never should have been able to and let coaches that aren't great look like they were.

We hired a first time HC…there is no doubt at this point the guy has done EVERYTHING but win.  There is a learning curve.  CP's game is to recruit talent and win that way…that takes time.

Worst case scenario, he finishes his 3 seasons that he shoudl be given and never learns how to be a HC and doesn't hire the proper coordinators.  However, whomever we hire after that will walk into a program with a ton of talented athletes.

Best case, CP learns from his mistakes…learns how to coach as his athletes develop into talented juniors and seniors…and we are off to the races.

Either way, I'll be at the games supporting our program.  Go Owls.

Posted On: Sep 22nd 2015, 10:36 AM #349441

Thanks for clarifying my ignorance, I always thought of myself as dumbarse.

Forgive me for giving the kitties any credit however their coaching staff has done a much better job than ours with less talent(I might add). After the Cristobal meltdown Turner took over a program in "crisis" mode. Yes, that first year he went 1-11. Last year FIU went 4-8 and through the first 3 games this year their 2-1. Unfortunately for us, Turner has won twice as many games CP. So YES Turner is doing a better job coaching (again with less talent).

You probably know this but both UAB and WKU had first year head coaches last year and 14 wins between the 2 programs. UAB finished 6-6 and had their program shutdown. Obviously that has since changed but that's a scary thought.

Tulsa - I guess next years NFL draft will determine the level of NFL talent. However I will make this comment, Tulsa was 2-10 last year with all the NFL caliber talent on offense. I'll be surprised if Tulsa doesn't win at least 7 games with a first year head coach.

Who the hell mentioned PJ Fleck? It wasn't me. Although he did go 8-5 last year.  :Big-Grin:

Spread offense - I'd somewhat agree with your statement unfortunately we're stuck with it for the exact same reasons you mention. Hell, I'm a GT season ticket holder and I have a problem with their offense.

Yes, CP has done a great job recruiting and the talent on this team has a lot of potential. However recruiting doesn't pay the bills, winning does.

As I've mentioned in previous posts, I want CP and his coaching staff to succeed, I just don't see it happening. At the end of the day, CP is the head coach and he is ultimately responsible for the poor product on the field.

I'll always support this school and program (as you) however that doesn't mean I can't be critical and voice an opinion.

Go Owls!

Back to the top
Control functions: