Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Charlotte @ FAU Game Thread - November 24, 2018

Add topic

The family and I attended the game, but the wife and I both have the cold that is going well, and the one I developed kicked my butt so we left at halftime, and went home. After I got up to get something to drink I found out we lost, and i was like we were winning at halftime, what the hell happen. but that is our season has went. maybe they can use it as a building experience.
Back to the top

I know football. But I don't sit and review the films. I think I know what the problems that need to be addressed. But I could be wrong. I really think we filled some vacant coaching positions with the wrong people. Again, I could be wrong. I just hope we right the ship, have a good recruiting season , and come back better next season.  My baseball is starting soon and my fingers are crossed. You never know till they hit the field and compete. Same with football. I think we took for granted that we were going to dominate. I prefer the fly under the radar , then kick butt approach. Maybe we believed the hype. One thing is certain, we lost our recruiting power over this season. Five wins, no bowl, leaves little to brag about.
Back to the top

Jack D Whidden III said

I'd recommend getting inside FAU Stadium about 20 minutes before kickoff.

Posted On: Nov 24th 2018, 2:49 PM #383707

I love this GIF!  Looks familiar…hahaha!
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

Again, the difference was a missed field goal. 
Posted On: Nov 25th 2018, 9:02 AM #383719

We were 16.5 point favorites.  It never should have come down to a field goal, so that can't be the difference in my eyes.
Back to the top

On a positive note, with the season now officially being over, we won't have to wait to hear Singletary's future plans.
Back to the top

A lot of reasons we lost this game and all are shameful.

I am not saying this is what costed us, but the amount of times a charlotte injury was beyond soccer pathetic. They have been seeing much more of this lately with up-tempo offenses, it’s bad for the game, its bad for the viewers, and makes them loook silly. Very aggrovating to watch last night. 

College football rule changes: Should NCAA force injured players to sit? - California Golden Blogs
Back to the top

Riles the last 3 games only played 2 series in the first half and the rest of the game he was benched and we averaged 40 ppg. I had a sneaky feeling Kiffin was going to play him the whole game because of senior day. Why was Ettiene out the whole game I have no idea. Weber took his spot and Riles played the whole game at RG. This guy had no business playing D1 football this season, and he ruined our offense. As far as the faking injuries, it's gotten so bad I'm not going to attend games anymore as things stand. Charlotte faked injuries 4 straight plays in the fourth and like 10 times the whole game. #36 faked it like 4 times.
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

Riles the last 3 games only played 2 series in the first half and the rest of the game he was benched and we averaged 40 ppg. I had a sneaky feeling Kiffin was going to play him the whole game because of senior day. Why was Ettiene out the whole game I have no idea. Weber took his spot and Riles played the whole game at RG. This guy had no business playing D1 football this season, and he ruined our offense. As far as the faking injuries, it's gotten so bad I'm not going to attend games anymore as things stand. Charlotte faked injuries 4 straight plays in the fourth and like 10 times the whole game. #36 faked it like 4 times.
Posted On: Nov 25th 2018, 11:46 AM #383733

Nick Webber looked like a walk on yesterday. Sorry your kid couldn’t earn more playing time.
Back to the top

So….you're giving up attending football because of a rule. I could see if the stadium ran out of beer. But a rule? Also , please try and lay off an individual player by name. He's a kid trying his best. Blame the coaches if you have issues.
Back to the top

The Charlotte players took a dive on every play that last drive. Also, you could see the players on the sideline basically bragging about the fact they were taking dives. It's disgraceful. It ruined our momentum. Why would anyone want to have to see that garbage, and the total lack of class and respect for the game players have when they take dives.
Back to the top
Control functions: