Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Charlotte @ FAU Game Thread - November 24, 2018

Add topic

illinoisowl said

Well, we missed a field goal and lost by 3.
Posted On: Nov 25th 2018, 2:31 PM #383752

I hear you, it just never should have been that close in the first place was my point.

We had bigger issues than just a missed field goal - that shouldn't have been the difference maker against Charlotte.

Not scoring more than a field goal in the second half - that's a big issue.

The experts thought we were way better than Charlotte by making us 16.5 point favorites.  Evidently they were wrong.

Back to the top

Hoot_N_Holler said

illinoisowl said

I hear you, it just never should have been that close in the first place was my point.

We had bigger issues than just a missed field goal - that shouldn't have been the difference maker against Charlotte.

The experts thought we were way better than Charlotte by making us 16.5 point favorites.  Evidently they were wrong.

Posted On: Nov 25th 2018, 7:52 PM #383766

I’m every conference game except for the Marshall game this yr we looked like the more talented team but could just never put together a full 4 quarters. Motor is gone and so is most of the D. Not sure where we go from here. We might be 4-8 the next 9 years with Kiffin’s unnecessary extension after 1 good yr. He is overrated and we suck. Robison might be better next yr but Willie Wright and Durante regressed as the yr went on. Not sure what to make of this program going forward and we might be stuck with it for some time what a joke
Back to the top

LawOwl said

Hoot_N_Holler said

illinoisowl said

Posted On: Nov 25th 2018, 7:52 PM #383766

I’m every conference game except for the Marshall game this yr we looked like the more talented team but could just never put together a full 4 quarters. Motor is gone and so is most of the D. Not sure where we go from here. We might be 4-8 the next 9 years with Kiffin’s unnecessary extension after 1 good yr. He is overrated and we suck. Robison might be better next yr but Willie Wright and Durante regressed as the yr went on. Not sure what to make of this program going forward and we might be stuck with it for some time what a joke
Posted On: Nov 25th 2018, 8:04 PM #383769

The good news is the Davis transfer from Auburn - A TRUE DEEP THREAT - MUCH MORE SO THAN DURANTE -  will be playing!

With our 10 returning starters on D this was our year but the D only played one complete game - the O none!

In TWO conference losses, we score only 3 points in the 2nd half - TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE!!!
Back to the top

With really anything in the second half the Owls “coulda/shoulda/woulda” beat MTSU, La Tech, and Charlotte.  Last year we wore teams down and then put them away in the 4th quarter.  After such a bad start (that had a lot to do with playing the Oklahoma and UCF offenses), the D got better.  The difference in 7 or 8 wins and the 5 we ended up with in my opinion had a lot to do with our inability to have an offensive pace anywhere close to what we saw in 2017.
Back to the top

owlsdad said

With really anything in the second half the Owls “coulda/shoulda/woulda” beat MTSU, La Tech, and Charlotte.  Last year we wore teams down and then put them away in the 4th quarter.  After such a bad start (that had a lot to do with playing the Oklahoma and UCF offenses), the D got better.  The difference in 7 or 8 wins and the 5 we ended up with in my opinion had a lot to do with our inability to have an offensive pace anywhere close to what we saw in 2017.
Posted On: Nov 26th 2018, 3:21 PM #383791

100% AGREE WITH YA THERE, AND OTHER TEAMS MADE ADJUSTMENTS WHILE WE  BASICALLY DID NOTHING AND CAME OUT OF THE HALFTIME FLAT ON TOP OF THAT!
Back to the top
Control functions: