Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU @ #18 UCF Game Thread - September 21, 2018

Add topic

The jury is still out on this UCF team, which I thought would take a significant step back this season. They've looked better than I thought they would, albeit against freshmen high school teams. If they're good, then we get absolutely destroyed. I'm talking about them running up the score and not being as kind as Lincoln Riley, who if he wanted to, could have handed us the most embarrassing loss in SPORTS HISTORY. Our interior D line is atrocious. We need this USC kid to play immediately. Our defense reminds me of the Dolphins defense of the late 80's. If we get a stop against a somewhat competent offense, it's a cause for celebration.
Back to the top

We just cannot afford to be embarrassed on the national stage again. OU looked like the greatest team ever assembled against us. While OU has still been good, they didn't look nearly as dominant against UCLA or Iowa State. UNT showed that top C USA teams should at the very least be competitive against P5 schools, and we weren't. UCF is good - real good, and I'm just hoping we have a good showing on national TV to somewhat make up for the OU debacle. Honestly, from what I've seen thus far, I think we may be in for a long night in Orlando.
Back to the top

In my opinion I think Lane and been keeping our offense very vanilla these three games so far in preparation for this game. I think it was good that we got to play when UCF didn't because their only game time experience has been with two garbage teams whereas we have been challenge much more this season so far. As long as our O-Line and special teams perform up to par I believe we can keep this a close game.

By the way, what color is everyone wearing to the game? I wanted to wear RED but our away jersey's are white but I was curious to see what everyone else is wearing.

GO OWLS!!!
Back to the top

Before the season, this was the game I was most excited for.

It looks like UCF hasn't missed a step, looking just as dangerous on both sides of the ball as they did last year.

Us on the other-hand………

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

I will be heading up to this game on friday but I am fully prepared for a long night.  Our special teams play is terrible and our defense can not seem to stop much at all.  I guess there is a small possibility that Kiffin has kept our playbook vanilla, but I would have to see it to believe it.  I am hoping that our offense carries the game on their back and this game turns into a high scoring shoot out, with the winner being the last team with the ball.

As for UCF, I know that they have played two lower tier teams, but they looked damn good.  I was hoping compare our BCC game to either of UCF's two games and if that is an indicator than I think we will have some issues.  I realize at the end we were swapping out players and looked pretty good for the first half, however there are two halves to every game and UCF seems to be able to still dominate the in the 2nd…..with their starters out.  I'm certainly not down on our owls, I just don't see us playing at the level of UCF right now.  

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

Fingers crossed for a competitive game on a major stage against a team that appears to be the real deal.  UCF will be focused on breaking down Motor, so we will need to beat them with the passing game.  Depth is always a concern against teams like OU and UCF….hands down we must play a near flawless game with a few hiccups coming from the Knights to walk out of this with a W.  

Looking forward to Friday regardless!

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

I will also drive up on friday and I will wear red.
What I have seen so far from the kicking team is concerning.
I would expect to see more playing time for Deandre.

Good luck to the owls.
Back to the top

For the first time, I'm betting on a game that FAU is playing in. I've always played by the rule "if you're going to gamble, gamble with your brain, not your heart."

Well, I'm putting my student loan debt on UCF +13.5 now, before it gets any higher.

Sorry to be so doom and gloom guys, but I just don't see it happening.

Back to the top

Jack D Whidden III said

For the first time, I'm betting on a game that FAU is playing in. I've always played by the rule "if you're going to gamble, gamble with your brain, not your heart."

Well, I'm putting my student loan debt on UCF +13.5 now, before it gets any higher.

Sorry to be so doom and gloom guys, but I just don't see it happening.
Posted On: Sep 17th 2018, 7:58 PM #380924

Nothing wrong with being realistic. The let down won’t nearly be as bad as oklahoma
Back to the top

It's just crazy how optimistic we were just weeks ago compared to now. Check out some of the replies to Underdog Dynasty's (and former TON) writer Cyrus Smith's question about our feelings going into Orlando.

Back to the top
Control functions: