Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU @ #18 UCF Game Thread - September 21, 2018

Add topic

illinoisowl said

I think that’s the best they’ve ever looked against a ranked team. Thats the good. 

The passing game sucked. I’ll give it a D+
Posted On: Sep 21st 2018, 10:34 PM #381128

Yet still didn't cover and almost gave up 60 with no passing game whatsoever.
Back to the top

2Nd quarter was fun to watch and Motor is still awesome! even one dimensional, they still could not stop him. And…. 
that…
Is….
About….
It! 
Back to the top

SCowl said

2Nd quarter was fun to watch and Motor is still awesome! even one dimensional, they still could not stop him. And…. 
that…
Is….
About….
It! 

Posted On: Sep 21st 2018, 10:50 PM #381131

Yup – the only positive(s) I can take out of this game was the (re)emergence of Motor and Whyte. Other than that, the things that worry me about this team are still very real and my expectations for the year have been officially dialed down – not that they weren't already. This game solidified my concerns for this year's squad.
Back to the top

This is a 7-5 team folks.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

I'm not surprised Robison is taking time to get up to speed.

I am surprised that the defense is playing so poorly.
Back to the top

The defense looks terrible, has totally taken a step backwards.

Should reevaluate in conference play but we returned 10 of 11 starters, was second in the nation in interceptions last year, and our middle linebacker was one of the leading tacklers last season.

This doesn't look like the same team.
Back to the top

walty12 said

This is a 7-5 team folks.
Posted On: Sep 21st 2018, 11:44 PM #381137

Yeah I would I agree with this. I think it will top out at 8 wins. Good news is I don’t think Lane is going anywhere after this year. 

The difference tonight was the QB play tonight. Robison looked like a freshman tonight. Two of three interceptions were terrible and were basically the difference in the game. He constantly stared down receivers especially bryant. He almost got the poor kid killed too. 

I hope he improves in conference play, but I really think DJ needs to be considered. 

I have lost a lot of hope in Tony Pec and the defense. I don’t have much confidence that we will even slow down Stockstill next week. If it doesn’t get better in conference play we need to find a replacement for next year.

We will learn about how good we will be in Conference play quickly. 

I would say the silver lining is last year we lost to buffalo week 4 and fell to 1-3
Back to the top

I am a little surprised at the comments.  If FAU can run for 320 yards against UCF with no threat of a passing game, I am willing to bet they can run for a lot more than that against CUSA competition.  Robison just looked like a RS FR - waited to long to make some throws, forced about 3 he should never have thrown, etc. I think he will look better against teams that aren't as fast and athletic.  And from a scheme, quick slant passes and hitting crossing patterns 5-10 yards down field would have been better than so many throws of 20 or more yards.

The D played ok for a handful of series, but the 2nd half they looked like teams FAU played late last season - totally worn down.  And when they were tired, we saw lots of arm tackling and blown coverage.

This game was closer than the final showed, and I think maybe some people are not recognizing how talented UCF is - that is a damn good football team who might be ranked a little low at #16.  FAU certainly won't play anybody that good the rest of this season, and if the Owls could have scored after the long pass rather than turning the ball over on an ill-advised pass into triple coverage, things might have gotten really interesting.

I think Marshall and UNT will be stiff challenges mainly because they are on the road.  But do you guys think this team will lose to anybody else?  Lose both and that is 8-4.  Split and that is 9-3.  Win both and that is 10-2.  I still think 8 wins will be the floor for this team.  And like I told my daughter walking out of the stadium - I feel better after this year's 4th game and the 2-2 record than I did after last year's loss to Buffalo dropped them to 1-3.
Back to the top

Also, props to the crowd.  I don't know how many Owl fans were there, but the FAU contingency was loud during that first half!
Back to the top

owlsdad said

Also, props to the crowd.  I don't know how many Owl fans were there, but the FAU contingency was loud during that first half!
Posted On: Sep 22nd 2018, 1:06 AM #381142

Agreed. I was pleasantly surprised by the turn out. We had fans all over the stadium.
Back to the top
Control functions: