Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU @ #18 UCF Game Thread - September 21, 2018

Add topic

owlcountry40 said

Where is everybody tailgating?  The Mall is always just reserved by students and the baseball and softball lots require donor parking passes. It seems everywhere else is kinda far. Any UCF fans with suggestions?

I am meeting up with a fairly large group so we can really walk around and join others but we do not want to be in some dead lot far away.
Posted On: Sep 18th 2018, 8:55 PM #380967

There will be tailgates set up all around campus near the free parking. There were a bunch set up on the paths to the  Washington Center in a nice tree covered area near Phillips Hall.

If you want into the main tailgating scene, your best bet is Garage H, which is $20 cash and right by the Memory Mall. You won't get on the Mall, but there will be space around.

As to your turnout, on the UCF radio show tonight, they said FAU returned 2000 of the 3000 allotment. That would be generally reflective of the FIU crowd typically.
Back to the top

Seems most people DON'T by from the University allotments anymore with online ticket outlets around now. Better seats at better prices usually.
Back to the top

Tickets through FAU were $55 and look like they were in the upper section - where I bought for $32 (and saw some for under $30).  I also saw some in the FAU section available for re-sale for the $55 price.  That would mean some of the 1000 tickets (or however many) sold were now available and at least a few less FAU fans in attendance.

But I would agree - I typically buy my tickets online for most events now.  I hope there are more than 1000 in red there.
Back to the top

CitrusUCF said

owlcountry40 said

Where is everybody tailgating?  The Mall is always just reserved by students and the baseball and softball lots require donor parking passes. It seems everywhere else is kinda far. Any UCF fans with suggestions?

I am meeting up with a fairly large group so we can really walk around and join others but we do not want to be in some dead lot far away.
Posted On: Sep 18th 2018, 8:55 PM #380967

There will be tailgates set up all around campus near the free parking. There were a bunch set up on the paths to the  Washington Center in a nice tree covered area near Phillips Hall.

If you want into the main tailgating scene, your best bet is Garage H, which is $20 cash and right by the Memory Mall. You won't get on the Mall, but there will be space around.

As to your turnout, on the UCF radio show tonight, they said FAU returned 2000 of the 3000 allotment. That would be generally reflective of the FIU crowd typically.
Posted On: Sep 19th 2018, 1:01 AM #380972

I meant can not walk around.

We want to set up our own tailgate (tents music TV ETC) so wouldn't the garage not allow that?
Back to the top

owlsdad said

Tickets through FAU were $55 and look like they were in the upper section - where I bought for $32 (and saw some for under $30).  I also saw some in the FAU section available for re-sale for the $55 price.  That would mean some of the 1000 tickets (or however many) sold were now available and at least a few less FAU fans in attendance.

But I would agree - I typically buy my tickets online for most events now.  I hope there are more than 1000 in red there.
Posted On: Sep 19th 2018, 8:06 AM #380976

I know 12 people going and none bought the FAU allotment tickets.  They are terrible seats.

We bought ours right off the 30 on the visitor side in the lower section.

There will be way more than 1k FAU fans and more than FIU would bring (nice dig though).

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

owlsdad said

Posted On: Sep 19th 2018, 8:06 AM #380976

I know 12 people going and none bought the FAU allotment tickets.  They are terrible seats.

We bought ours right off the 30 on the visitor side in the lower section.

There will be way more than 1k FAU fans and more than FIU would bring (nice dig though).
Posted On: Sep 19th 2018, 9:24 AM #380979

Not a dig at all. Just stating facts. That's still better turnout than some conference teams for us. I'm sure there will be FAU fans sprinkled in other sections, but I don't see how you can say you've sold 4500 tickets when the school only sold 1,000. There's no way to know how many other people bought elsewhere.
Back to the top

Agree - does anybody know where the 4500 number came from?  Please take this as only a semi-dig at FAU, but 4500 would be like 25% of what we have at our own home games.  A nice showing of fan support willing to travel to at least Orlando would help if we wanted to play in somewhere other than the Boca Bowl, as bowls have certainly proven they are going to choose teams who give them at least some chance to put some people in the seats.

If the game was at FAU I am willing to bet we would see 1/3rd or more of the stadium in Black.  4500 fans in red would be about 1/10th of the UCF stadium (and I don't think we will have that many there).  Hope I am wrong.
Back to the top

I am sitting in section 201 with my girl and we are wearing red.
I bought my tickets through ticketmaster $40 each
I always find it difficult to buy from FAU due to the lack of information.
Back to the top

NITE-OWL said

I am sitting in section 201 with my girl and we are wearing red.
I bought my tickets through ticketmaster $40 each
I always find it difficult to buy from FAU due to the lack of information.
Posted On: Sep 19th 2018, 10:06 AM #380982

I don't typically buy through UCF for away games, because you can't control what seats you get, and they're normally bad seats regardless.

I very much recommend going through the school for bowl games, because the school is in the hook for the tickets and selling those seats is what shows bowls that you're a good draw.
Back to the top

2 Owl fans inbound from Illinois. Bought 2 more for my parents in Melbourne to come over. Meeting 3 more Owl fans from Orlando. We bought from an outside party and will be sitting in Section 210.
Back to the top
Control functions: