Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU @ #18 UCF Game Thread - September 21, 2018

Add topic

The97Revolution said

FAU Student Tickets are for section 225. FAU Athletics had a flash sale with 300 student tickets that sold out, FAU Student Government has two full charter buses with a waitlist, and Student Government had another flash sale which sold out.

I plan to be there. Go Owls!
Posted On: Sep 19th 2018, 4:15 PM #380997

Get more buses!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to the top

Jack D Whidden III said

I can confirm with y'all that this "story" of FAU returning thousands of tickets to UCF is as fake as UCF's national championship.

I love that UCF is claiming a national championship, but if people are going to come on our message board without all the facts, then I'm going to clap back.

That being said, I'm making the drive on I-4 Thursday night. I will be walking around campus Friday afternoon before the game. If you see me, feel free to say hello. I'll be the guy with a laptop case wearing red.
Posted On: Sep 19th 2018, 3:31 PM #380993

We shall see on Friday. FIU brought the #s FAU is talking about bringing and UCF was not happy with their support. BYU/Buffalo and the  Florida FCS HBCs brought more.  Other CUSA teams brought more such as SouthenMiss/Marshall and they are much further away and not as hot as FAU is right now.  

Lets see on FRIDAY
Back to the top

owlmart said

The97Revolution said

FAU Student Tickets are for section 225. FAU Athletics had a flash sale with 300 student tickets that sold out, FAU Student Government has two full charter buses with a waitlist, and Student Government had another flash sale which sold out.

I plan to be there. Go Owls!
Posted On: Sep 19th 2018, 4:15 PM #380997

Get more buses!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted On: Sep 19th 2018, 7:59 PM #381005

I wish they could. SG had only so much money…

Revolution- n. A large amount of change in a short amount of time.   FAU- n. The place where tomorrow begins.
Back to the top

I think the Friday game has a lot to do with it. Saturday, no problem. Friday, problem.
Back to the top

Jack D Whidden III said

I can confirm with y'all that this "story" of FAU returning thousands of tickets to UCF is as fake as UCF's national championship.

I love that UCF is claiming a national championship, but if people are going to come on our message board without all the facts, then I'm going to clap back.

That being said, I'm making the drive on I-4 Thursday night. I will be walking around campus Friday afternoon before the game. If you see me, feel free to say hello. I'll be the guy with a laptop case wearing red.

I didn't make the report up. It was said on UCF's official radio show. Either way, I think a Friday game hurts attendance all around.

I guess we'll see on Friday
Back to the top

The FAU tickets sold thru the school seem to be over priced (correct me if I'm wrong) and in a bad location. Add in the fact that Friday games are harder to get too and I don't think UCF is going to get a good read on how good/bad FAU travels. THat being said FAU fans barely show up to home games so it doesn't surprise me that tickets aren't getting sold.  
Back to the top

Off-topic question, but how many will FAU take to the FIU game?  How many will we take to any other away conference game?  If we somehow get to 3000 or so fans at UCF on a Friday night I would think that is a pretty good showing relative to our other away games (we average 20k or less at home games - much less with actual butts-in-seats).  I get that this can be seen as a "big" in-state game, but my guess is with the OU showing and the fact that the game is on readily-available ESPN, many casual fans who might have thought about going simply tune-in on TV.

We almost were in that boat.  But I asked my daughter how she would feel if FAU somehow won this game.  Her answer: "GET TICKETS!!!"  So I went online and bought better seats for a lower price than the seats UCF gives the visiting team.
Back to the top

CitrusUCF said

Jack D Whidden III said

I didn't make the report up. It was said on UCF's official radio show. Either way, I think a Friday game hurts attendance all around.

Posted On: Sep 20th 2018, 7:18 AM #381009

FAU had to twist UCF's arm to give up more seats less than a month ago. That's all I'm going to say on this.

On another note, FAU fans should take note of the culture UCF has built. There are a lot of things we should try to emmulate once we're back in Boca. Yeah, our campus culture isn't as bad as FIU's, but UCF has done just about everything the right way to get where they are today.

I have three more hours until I get on I-4. Pray for me.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

owlsdad said

Off-topic question, but how many will FAU take to the FIU game?  How many will we take to any other away conference game?  If we somehow get to 3000 or so fans at UCF on a Friday night I would think that is a pretty good showing relative to our other away games (we average 20k or less at home games - much less with actual butts-in-seats).  I get that this can be seen as a "big" in-state game, but my guess is with the OU showing and the fact that the game is on readily-available ESPN, many casual fans who might have thought about going simply tune-in on TV.

We almost were in that boat.  But I asked my daughter how she would feel if FAU somehow won this game.  Her answer: "GET TICKETS!!!"  So I went online and bought better seats for a lower price than the seats UCF gives the visiting team.
Posted On: Sep 20th 2018, 10:57 AM #381011

We normally travel pretty well to the FIU games. The last two have had solid turnouts, despite the game results and state of the program. USF 2013, UF 2015, and UM 2016 are other games where we had probably just above a thousand show up.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Jack D Whidden III said

CitrusUCF said

Jack D Whidden III said

Posted On: Sep 20th 2018, 7:18 AM #381009

FAU had to twist UCF's arm to give up more seats less than a month ago. That's all I'm going to say on this.

On another note, FAU fans should take note of the culture UCF has built. There are a lot of things we should try to emmulate once we're back in Boca. Yeah, our campus culture isn't as bad as FIU's, but UCF has done just about everything the right way to get where they are today.

I have three more hours until I get on I-4. Pray for me.
Posted On: Sep 20th 2018, 12:52 PM #381012

Good Luck! 4 hours till i'm boarding my flight to Orlando.
Back to the top
Control functions: