Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU @ #18 UCF Game Thread - September 21, 2018

Add topic

UCF has a pretty solid game day. I’ve had a good time tailgating there in the past, but even they have trouble getting the students to actually make it into the stadium. Let’s hope that we have good turnout and then next year let’s see how many they bring down to us. 
Back to the top

OwlPT15 said

UCF has a pretty solid game day. I’ve had a good time tailgating there in the past, but even they have trouble getting the students to actually make it into the stadium. Let’s hope that we have good turnout and then next year let’s see how many they bring down to us. 
Posted On: Sep 20th 2018, 1:09 PM #381015

The student situation has gotten better since last season, and there are now two student sections (to the dismay of the visiting team section, since the "new" student section is by them)

Tailgating is top notch at UCF, and has only gotten better over the years. I have gone with many friends from the other Florida schools and big program schools and they all thought UCF tailgating was A+. Friday night may not be that great because it's condensed to an evening but evening games on Saturdays are awesome with the all day tailgate. I always encourage visitors to park in garage C near Alafaya and University (right there off the main entrance to the school) and walk to the stadium which lets you see quite a bit of the campus.

Hopefully a lot of FAU fans go, and hopefully the kids from down south have friends with some playful rival banter. When Miami came that was a lot of fun, and I believe that was the record attendance at just under 50k.

FIU is horrible attendance-wise. I actually attended there for a few semesters and just found the culture to be really commuter school-esque. Bad for making friends, bad for socializing in general and just bad for the culture. It's been a very long time but I can't imagine it's improved much. When I was there they enticed the kids with a "free" concert after the game provided you had a game ticket as proof. It was MethodMan, Redman and All American Rejects (I'm aging myself her) and …there weren't many people. I know FAU doesn't pack the stands either but it's tough all around as attendance has seen a decline in almost every college football program. But to compare FAU to FIU is … funny.
Back to the top

outofstateowl said

Jack D Whidden III said

CitrusUCF said

Jack D Whidden III said

I can confirm with y'all that this "story" of FAU returning thousands of tickets to UCF is as fake as UCF's national championship.

I love that UCF is claiming a national championship, but if people are going to come on our message board without all the facts, then I'm going to clap back.

That being said, I'm making the drive on I-4 Thursday night. I will be walking around campus Friday afternoon before the game. If you see me, feel free to say hello. I'll be the guy with a laptop case wearing red.
Posted On: Sep 19th 2018, 3:31 PM #380993

I didn't make the report up. It was said on UCF's official radio show. Either way, I think a Friday game hurts attendance all around.

I guess we'll see on Friday
Posted On: Sep 20th 2018, 7:18 AM #381009

FAU had to twist UCF's arm to give up more seats less than a month ago. That's all I'm going to say on this.

On another note, FAU fans should take note of the culture UCF has built. There are a lot of things we should try to emmulate once we're back in Boca. Yeah, our campus culture isn't as bad as FIU's, but UCF has done just about everything the right way to get where they are today.

I have three more hours until I get on I-4. Pray for me.
Posted On: Sep 20th 2018, 12:52 PM #381012

Good Luck! 4 hours till i'm boarding my flight to Orlando.
Posted On: Sep 20th 2018, 1:02 PM #381014

I'll make sure to wave while I'm passing MCO, stuck in traffic.  :Laughing:

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Jack D Whidden III said

CitrusUCF said

Jack D Whidden III said

I can confirm with y'all that this "story" of FAU returning thousands of tickets to UCF is as fake as UCF's national championship.

I love that UCF is claiming a national championship, but if people are going to come on our message board without all the facts, then I'm going to clap back.

That being said, I'm making the drive on I-4 Thursday night. I will be walking around campus Friday afternoon before the game. If you see me, feel free to say hello. I'll be the guy with a laptop case wearing red.
Posted On: Sep 19th 2018, 3:31 PM #380993

I didn't make the report up. It was said on UCF's official radio show. Either way, I think a Friday game hurts attendance all around.

I guess we'll see on Friday
Posted On: Sep 20th 2018, 7:18 AM #381009

FAU had to twist UCF's arm to give up more seats less than a month ago. That's all I'm going to say on this.

On another note, FAU fans should take note of the culture UCF has built. There are a lot of things we should try to emmulate once we're back in Boca. Yeah, our campus culture isn't as bad as FIU's, but UCF has done just about everything the right way to get where they are today.

I have three more hours until I get on I-4. Pray for me.
Posted On: Sep 20th 2018, 12:52 PM #381012

What would you like FAU to emulate? I've never been to a game there. I know FIU is awful campus culture because I went there for a few semesters with friends during the summer terms.
Back to the top

Since I am a geek, I looked at one of the secondary ticket sites.  I roughly counted/estimated available tickets in the sections Vivid showed available, and there were between 200 and 250 seats.  I would like to see FAU emulate that and fill our stadium!

As for what UCF is doing right, I think it has been talked about in some of the other threads.  I am from Orlando, and UCF has done a seriously good job of pushing the "Home Town Team" campaign for the city.  You can't go anywhere without seeing it or hearing it (billboards, radio, TV, etc.).  Plus you see people sporting UCF gear all over the area and not just close to the campus.

Of course winning two major bowl games in the past 5 years (Fiesta and the NY6 Peach last year) make it a lot easier to grow the brand.  So I would like for FAU to emulate that, too.  But mainly I think it is the push UCF has made to identify with the city and to brand itself as a football school.  That is something FAU is trying to do, but UCF has been more successful so far.
Back to the top

Another thing to emulate - their student sections are on both ends.  They were for the most part totally full 45 mins before the game started.  And they were already fired up and giving it to our guys.

Things NOT to emulate - no beer in the stadium unless you are in their cabanas or suites.  And I didn't bring a flask.
Back to the top

It's beautiful evening here in Orlando.

Back to the top

smh
Back to the top

FAU will return the kick to begin.

Back to the top

It's going to be a long "Knight"…

:Poo:  :Poo:  :Poo:  :Poo:  :Poo:  :Poo:  :Poo:
Back to the top