Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU @ Buffalo Game Thread - September 23, 2017

Add topic

FAU @ Buffalo Game Thread - September 23, 2017

The Matchup: FAU (1-2) vs. Buffalo (1-2)

When: Saturday, September 23rd, 7:00 PM

Where: Bulls Stadium

Weather: Current conditions at Camp Randall Stadium

The Series: The Bulls lead 1-0.

Buffalo Team Site: Here

Game Information

TV: ESPN3

Live Video: None

Radio: ESPN 106.3

Stats: Here

Opening Line: BUF -3.5

Back to the top

Interestingly, Our QBs have very similar passing stats, actually the same yards. (stats courtesy of Yahoo Sports).

The difference is their QB runs it more.  As long as we know it, we know what to look for.  

We owe Buffalo after that debacle we had with them a couple of years ago.  It's on the road but, this will show how far and how quickly we have improved.  Owls roll.  I am ready and willing to drink the kool aid again.

click to enlarge:

FAU Buffalo stats
Back to the top

fauowl said

I am ready and willing to drink the kool aid again.
Posted On: Sep 17th 2017, 8:58 PM #371011

The line is down to 2.5 for the Bulls…this should be a win. Our defense can do enough to keep them at bay, but not so sure they can do the same.

:Ninja:

Back to the top

Rick said

fauowl said

The line is down to 2.5 for the Bulls…this should be a win. Our defense can do enough to keep them at bay, but not so sure they can do the same.

Posted On: Sep 18th 2017, 1:53 PM #371047

I hope you're right. I just can't get myself to reach that confidence level yet. I still have nightmares of the previous coaching staff when it comes to a game like this.
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

Rick said

fauowl said

I hope you're right. I just can't get myself to reach that confidence level yet. I still have nightmares of the previous coaching staff when it comes to a game like this.

Posted On: Sep 18th 2017, 2:23 PM #371048

You still have nightmares from last the last coaching staff?  Would you like a hug or a glass of warm milk to settle your stomach?  Lets get a grip, you either believe we hired the right coach and he will correct this (win or lose this Saturday) or you don't. 
Back to the top

If we can pull this one out, we should expect a bowl game come December.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Warm milk? said

DeltAlumnus said

Rick said

fauowl said

Posted On: Sep 18th 2017, 2:23 PM #371048

You still have nightmares from last the last coaching staff?  Would you like a hug or a glass of warm milk to settle your stomach?  Lets get a grip, you either believe we hired the right coach and he will correct this (win or lose this Saturday) or you don't. 
Posted On: Sep 18th 2017, 4:01 PM #371049

I believed we hired the right coaches, and we have gotten progressively better so far this season. But it's not easy to turn around incompetence from the previous coaching staff 4 weeks into the new season. Mainly because it looks like buffalo is a quality Mac team.  

And I agree with Jack if we win this weekend. I would fully expect us to end up in a bowl game.
Back to the top

I'm not sure it is earned yet, but for some reason I have confidence. Weird feeling to have as a FAU fan. I am a fan of every coach on the staff. They are turning these kids around . Physically and mentally.
Back to the top

Gotta key on QB Jackson (60% of all plays he runs or throws) and WR Johnson (by FAR favorite and most dangerous target.. We stop or just contain them we win!
Back to the top

More to come tomorrow, but for now…

"I hope he plays. He was out there today, so I hope he plays."

Kiffin on Al-Shaair's status.
Back to the top
Control functions: