Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU @ Buffalo Game Thread - September 23, 2017

Add topic

This was an atrocious loss – I don't care how 'close' the game was. You tell me we knock out their starting QB and we can't stop their backup who had one snap in his life before this? Between Drikel, the drops, the backup QB killing us, letting that punt go at the end of the 4th, going for it on 4th down at our own 20 with 3 minutes left –  It was one of the most frustrating games to watch I can recall. I'm not in a good mood.
Back to the top

Final stats for FAU's loss to Buffalo.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

I gotta believe Lane will be recruiting his future QB this fall….he needs a true dual threat for our offense….I bet we do well if Johnson is able to comeback for some conference play….once Lane gets a real recruiting class or two, we'll see some real things happening…..how we do in our own conference is really the way to measure our improvement….

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

so far no word from buffalo on the post game show.
Back to the top

I am just very confused. Why driskell? I knew this was not gonna be easy game, but how we lost Just sucks.

Willie Wright has to catch that ball, and to give up a TD pass on 3rd and 9. Luckily the C-USA schedule looks much easier than I thought prior to the year. 

But this was just disappointing. 
Back to the top

I believe Parr has a better arm than Driskel. Jason was doing exactly what he always has done. Take the snap, stare at the primary receiver, throw to him, even if he is covered. He has no deception at all. Very easy to defend and break on the ball. O line played well. RBs played well.QB ans WRs way below average. There is no way in heck we deserved to win this game.We need interior D linemen bad. And our LB are under sized. They play hard and fast . But still under sized. Well, I don't think I'll be traveling to see football in December. Now I can buy myself a bigger Christmas gift.
Back to the top

I actually set up this ESPN 3 feed to my tv and was expecting an exciting game.  Even though Buffalo had a decent defense against the pass there is no reason Driskel should be out there.  Parr throws a better ball and has the skill set to thrive in Briles' offense. We should've won this game and this shows that we are not a 3 win team, but a 4 win team.  We got major upgrades in coaching, strategies, and knowledge but continue the same nonsense. You can see the game unfold and it's always us that gets exposed.  The same song but different band. I have seen countless games and have been to many games for FAU and I am beginning to think we are the Mets of college football. We as fans are all dedicated, and we deserve a better product on the field.  I'm not sure if we will get that,  but I'm hopeful.  One day these bitter losses will turn into program defining wins.  
Back to the top

faufan300 said

I actually set up this ESPN 3 feed to my tv and was expecting an exciting game.  Even though Buffalo had a decent defense against the pass there is no reason Driskel should be out there.  Parr throws a better ball and has the skill set to thrive in Briles' offense. We should've won this game and this shows that we are not a 3 win team, but a 4 win team.  We got major upgrades in coaching, strategies, and knowledge but continue the same nonsense. You can see the game unfold and it's always us that gets exposed.  The same song but different band. I have seen countless games and have been to many games for FAU and I am beginning to think we are the Mets of college football. We as fans are all dedicated, and we deserve a better product on the field.  I'm not sure if we will get that,  but I'm hopeful.  One day these bitter losses will turn into program defining wins.
Posted On: Sep 23rd 2017, 10:49 PM #371328
Unfortunately I am a Mets fan – and unfortunately you hit the nail on the head.
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

I am just very confused. Why driskell? I knew this was not gonna be easy game, but how we lost Just sucks.

Willie Wright has to catch that ball, and to give up a TD pass on 3rd and 9. Luckily the C-USA schedule looks much easier than I thought prior to the year. 

But this was just disappointing. 

Posted On: Sep 23rd 2017, 10:39 PM #371326

You predicted we would lose by 7 and we lost by 3   :cool:

You did good?
Back to the top

Buddy 0 carries I don't get life.
Back to the top
Control functions: