Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU @ Buffalo Game Thread - September 23, 2017

Add topic

This could be one of most disappointing games I've watched in a while. Not the fact that we lost but we had Parr on the bench who in my opinion would have ran the offense to victory. He played great at Wisconsin where I watched the Owls play respectively at Canp Randall. Parr played well all three games compared to Driskel who I wouldn't trust in a pee wee leauge. With this loss we will at most 5 games the rest of season depending if Parr is our quarterback. Also not sure why LAne insists on throwing first every game when we have two great RB to turn to. Moral of the story is Driskel is not my quarterback and Parr from beggining Of camp has looked the most comfortable running the offense. Even McNeal was highly baffeled by Driskels throws.

Until next time owl fans. 
Back to the top

"We thought Driskel played a little bit better during the week so we gave him a shot", said Coach Lane Kiffin.
Back to the top

No Buddy No Parr No passes to Solomon.  No conversions on 3rd downs.  You see the result.  And a tired defense
Back to the top

Rick said

"We thought Driskel played a little bit better during the week so we gave him a shot", said Coach Lane Kiffin.
Posted On: Sep 23rd 2017, 11:02 PM #371333

Has to be more to this, no? We all watched the first half.
Back to the top

d-owl said

Rick said

Posted On: Sep 23rd 2017, 11:02 PM #371333

Has to be more to this, no? We all watched the first half.
Posted On: Sep 23rd 2017, 11:03 PM #371335

We all watched the first drive. That set the tone
Back to the top

Post game with Kiffin. paraphrasing here.

"Howell wasnt ready to go for the game."

"Open competition for week leading up to the game. Despite the numbers put up last week, they felt they werent doing good enough in previous games in the passing game."

"There will be open competition again going into this for Middle Tennessee State."

"Penatles and drops didnt help us.

Exact wording here from coach. "That's embarrassing to our fans, to our university to lose that game."
Back to the top

Middle Tennessee is going to embarrass us next week with Driskel at the helm it's gonna feel much worse 🦉
Back to the top

Kiffin said Howell was hurt.
Back to the top

Rick said

Kiffin said Howell was hurt.
Posted On: Sep 23rd 2017, 11:07 PM #371339

That would make sense. just wondering why they didnt announce that at the beginning of the game.
Back to the top

XcOWL said

Middle Tennessee is going to embarrass us next week with Driskel at the helm it's gonna feel much worse 🦉
Posted On: Sep 23rd 2017, 11:07 PM #371338

As demonstrated tonight, if Driskel is going to run this team we're going to be right back to last year's FAU.
Back to the top
Control functions: